Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tater Island thread (1 Viewer)

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member
There's an interesting thread over on Tater Island this morning regarding Jason Peter's comments during the Big Red dinner. Here is the post for those who don't have access:

Anyone else attend this last Thursday? I thought it was pretty interesting. JP had some interesting things to say about Frost/Davison and also gave some thoughts on the current team.

Someone asked what they thought the main reason it didn't work was, and he said if he had to point to one thing, it would have been lack of communication. He was hard to get ahold of, even for assistant coaches. Very rarely present at the day-to-day type activities. JP said he had to beg Frost to let him help/offer assistance with the DL. Then, JP put together a couple of things he said were glaring deficiencies in how these guys were being prepared/drills and techniques they should have been doing and focusing on. He brought them to Scott, and Scott told him "ok, go tell Chins" and that was all he'd say about it. And JP went to Chins and asked why they weren't doing X and Y, and Chins basically showed him dozens of emails, texts, etc from him to Frost wanting to chat about things, suggestions, etc and Frost never responded to any of them. Said he was basically unavailable to all coaches. Chins responded with something to the effect of "you think I haven't been telling him this sh*t, man?! He wont talk to me".

Also, he wouldn't mention Davisons name, he called him "the receiver that caught one ball". He said Davison served his purpose, wish he'd go away now. He "hates" that he has his hands around our NIL initiative. Doesn't trust his motives (from what I gathered).

Once things turned south for Frost and co, Frost got super defensive, telling many people that he didn't even want to come here, he had to be talked into it. Chickensh*t response IYAM. Apparently he shut out TO toward the end and wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to help. He just wouldn't accept help from anyone. Before we hired Tuioti, JP put together about a page and a half message to Frost and emailed and texted him, asking if he'd be considered for the job, or even welcomed to help with it. He said he's still waiting to this day to hear back from Frost.

Regarding the current staff, there was apparently a major whiff on Anthony Rezac. We brought him in for that OV a couple weeks ago and his name badge had him listed as a safety. Then, one of our assistant coaches JP wouldn't name lied about trying to contact him multiple times, when he hadn't.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
There's an interesting thread over on Tater Island this morning regarding Jason Peter's comments during the Big Red dinner. Here is the post for those who don't have access:

Anyone else attend this last Thursday? I thought it was pretty interesting. JP had some interesting things to say about Frost/Davison and also gave some thoughts on the current team.

Someone asked what they thought the main reason it didn't work was, and he said if he had to point to one thing, it would have been lack of communication. He was hard to get ahold of, even for assistant coaches. Very rarely present at the day-to-day type activities. JP said he had to beg Frost to let him help/offer assistance with the DL. Then, JP put together a couple of things he said were glaring deficiencies in how these guys were being prepared/drills and techniques they should have been doing and focusing on. He brought them to Scott, and Scott told him "ok, go tell Chins" and that was all he'd say about it. And JP went to Chins and asked why they weren't doing X and Y, and Chins basically showed him dozens of emails, texts, etc from him to Frost wanting to chat about things, suggestions, etc and Frost never responded to any of them. Said he was basically unavailable to all coaches. Chins responded with something to the effect of "you think I haven't been telling him this sh*t, man?! He wont talk to me".

Also, he wouldn't mention Davisons name, he called him "the receiver that caught one ball". He said Davison served his purpose, wish he'd go away now. He "hates" that he has his hands around our NIL initiative. Doesn't trust his motives (from what I gathered).

Once things turned south for Frost and co, Frost got super defensive, telling many people that he didn't even want to come here, he had to be talked into it. Chickensh*t response IYAM. Apparently he shut out TO toward the end and wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to help. He just wouldn't accept help from anyone. Before we hired Tuioti, JP put together about a page and a half message to Frost and emailed and texted him, asking if he'd be considered for the job, or even welcomed to help with it. He said he's still waiting to this day to hear back from Frost.

Regarding the current staff, there was apparently a major whiff on Anthony Rezac. We brought him in for that OV a couple weeks ago and his name badge had him listed as a safety. Then, one of our assistant coaches JP wouldn't name lied about trying to contact him multiple times, when he hadn't.

As juicy as lots of this stuff is, do we have any reason to trust JP?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Frost being mired in inaction, withdrawn, defensive, revisionist, and non-communicative tracks with the clinical depression I'm about 99% sure he was engulfed in towards the end of his tenure here, specific details of this story notwithstanding.

I'm sort of ambivalent about stories like this from dudes attached to the program anymore, because it's not like it's changing anything anymore for this stuff to come out... I'd just hope the dudes with personal connections to SF are doing what they can to get him to take steps to fix his personal life.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost being mired in inaction, withdrawn, defensive, revisionist, and non-communicative tracks with the clinical depression I'm about 99% sure he was engulfed in towards the end of his tenure here, specific details of this story notwithstanding.

I'm sort of ambivalent about stories like this from dudes attached to the program anymore, because it's not like it's changing anything anymore for this stuff to come out... I'd just hope the dudes with personal connections to SF are doing what they can to get him to take steps to fix his personal life.
Exactly.

Also find it hilarious that the Chins/JP excuse was “we can’t change it because he won’t respond”. How about a little initiative….

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Well if we’re “missing” by not recruiting Rezac at QB so is every other P5 program on earth. His D1 offer list is as follows

Navy
Army
Air Force

He’s playing on the best class A team the state has produced in 10+ years, surrounded by D1 talent. Go put him on Kearney Catholic and let’s see how he looks.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well if we’re “missing” by not recruiting Rezac at QB so is every other P5 program on earth. His D1 offer list is as follows

Navy
Army
Air Force

He’s playing on the best class A team the state has produced in 10+ years, surrounded by D1 talent. Go put him on Kearney Catholic and let’s see how he looks.
He'd dominate at Kearney Catholic but otherwise agree.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Exactly.

Also find it hilarious that the Chins/JP excuse was “we can’t change it because he won’t respond”. How about a little initiative….
This.

If Frosty wasn't responding, what difference does it make? Just start doing what you think needs to be done and have FHCSF come after you if he's unhappy.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
I take everything from the 90’s guys with a grain of salt. They didn’t win all those games because they were singing in the church choir every Sunday and following Father Tom’s homily’s. Couple that with steroid, drug, alcohol abuse (we’ve all heard the stories) and human nature and I feel like the truth becomes a very blurred line.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I saw him speak at a Big Red Breakfast sometime during the Riley years I think, and he was funny and knowledgeable. He ended up sitting at the same table as me and my dad for some reason and he was super humble and genuine and gracious to the old timers who were peppering him with questions haha.

I'll say this, obviously the 90s guys are old timers themselves at this point, and there's no reason to take things they say as gospel, but with Peter I don't think he's just putting on a show. He could very easily just lob grenades at the program and get even more attention if that's what he wanted, but I think he's genuine about how much he cares and wants to help in some way. Is he a little nuts? Yeah, obviously, we all knew that 25 years ago.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I saw him speak at a Big Red Breakfast sometime during the Riley years I think, and he was funny and knowledgeable. He ended up sitting at the same table as me and my dad for some reason and he was super humble and genuine and gracious to the old timers who were peppering him with questions haha.

I'll say this, obviously the 90s guys are old timers themselves at this point, and there's no reason to take things they say as gospel, but with Peter I don't think he's just putting on a show. He could very easily just lob grenades at the program and get even more attention if that's what he wanted, but I think he's genuine about how much he cares and wants to help in some way. Is he a little nuts? Yeah, obviously, we all knew that 25 years ago.
Have MR buy some clean juice for the team and shut him up for a bit. Problem solved.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Chins basically showed him dozens of emails, texts, etc from him to Frost wanting to chat about things, suggestions, etc and Frost never responded to any of them
robert downey jr bullshit GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds