Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

LMAO (Tater Island @Dean callout) (1 Viewer)

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
I think think skin is his trigger word, or safe word....to each his own.
Pineapples GIF

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is just another example of something I think a lot of us realized years ago: Callahan is a "reporter" in the sense of literally just reporting what others tell him without any particular nuance or critical eye. He's clearly a very hard worker (despite the jokes about his self-pity on those hard days driving home from talks in Grand Island). However, that work is in cultivating and maintaining relationships with the AD and other relevant figures and then creating "content" on his site that he promotes quite effectively. It's not, however, in fact-checking, research, writing, etc.

The OP of that thread brought up that a very quick Google search could have shown what Callahan wrote was wrong or, at the very least, simplistic and in need of context. That's not what you're going to get, though. I can almost guarantee he just parroted what was told to him by an AD figure who either didn't really know or was oversimplifying for a casual conversation.

A lot of people wouldn't mind if he didn't have the predictable reaction of trying to deflect and then ultimately shutting things down. Many Husker fans don't care about the niceties of AAU membership; they care about whether it could affect our B1G standing and the bottom line of getting invited back into the fold. Similarly, many don't really care that Callahan isn't an investigative journalist but instead someone who relays what is told to him and is a mouthpiece for the powerbrokers who give him access. Sure, it'd be nice to have someone with more tenacity and chops, but there's also a role for Callahan types. It'd just also be nice if he didn't try to get on his high horse so often.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Dean with the hard-hitting spring game analysis that our ticket sales of 50,000+ could easily push into the 50,000s.

Spring game attendance: Ohio State drew 80,000, Alabama 72,000, Penn State 67,000, and Georgia 55,000 for spring games over the last two weeks. We know Nebraska has sold over 50,000 tickets as of a week ago.

With a picture-perfect Saturday forecasted in Lincoln, one would think they will easily push into the 50,000s for the Red-White spring game.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
You know he'll just delete it and not say word.
Or ridiculously spin it to make himself sound right.
I love it when Sipple calls him out on stuff on the podcast.

Dean: "Like a lot of our veteran listeners will remember, Nebraska was known for having orange facemasks in the '80s."

Sip: "Now wait a second, Sean. That's not the way I remember it."

Dean: "Well, when the played Oklahoma State, they would crash helmets with them and some of the orange would rub off onto Nebraska's facemasks. So they were essentially orange. That's what I mean."

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Dean with the hard-hitting spring game analysis that our ticket sales of 50,000+ could easily push into the 50,000s.
From dealing with dumbass customer emails that make no sense for years, I actually understand what he’s trying to say.

He wanted to say that if the weather was shitty thousands of people would eat their tickets and watch on TV. The way he says it is retarded.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
From dealing with dumbass customer emails that make no sense for years, I actually understand what he’s trying to say.

He wanted to say that if the weather was shitty thousands of people would eat their tickets and watch on TV. The way he says it is retarded.
That's not what he was saying at all. He said "with picture-perfect weather" I am guessing he meant the 60 or 70000s

NTXHusker

Linebacker
This is just another example of something I think a lot of us realized years ago: Callahan is a "reporter" in the sense of literally just reporting what others tell him without any particular nuance or critical eye. He's clearly a very hard worker (despite the jokes about his self-pity on those hard days driving home from talks in Grand Island). However, that work is in cultivating and maintaining relationships with the AD and other relevant figures and then creating "content" on his site that he promotes quite effectively. It's not, however, in fact-checking, research, writing, etc.

The OP of that thread brought up that a very quick Google search could have shown what Callahan wrote was wrong or, at the very least, simplistic and in need of context. That's not what you're going to get, though. I can almost guarantee he just parroted what was told to him by an AD figure who either didn't really know or was oversimplifying for a casual conversation.

A lot of people wouldn't mind if he didn't have the predictable reaction of trying to deflect and then ultimately shutting things down. Many Husker fans don't care about the niceties of AAU membership; they care about whether it could affect our B1G standing and the bottom line of getting invited back into the fold. Similarly, many don't really care that Callahan isn't an investigative journalist but instead someone who relays what is told to him and is a mouthpiece for the powerbrokers who give him access. Sure, it'd be nice to have someone with more tenacity and chops, but there's also a role for Callahan types. It'd just also be nice if he didn't try to get on his high horse so often.
Deab does NOT work hard. At least not harder than anyone else in the daily media scrum. He is an absolute nutsack who hopped on a golden ticket and rode the work of other people to get there. Make no mistake, there is not a lazier bum in Nebraska media.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds