Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tater island Jan 1st to Jan 31st (1 Viewer)

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
I go to the gym at 5am. Only dedicated people are there at that time. It isn't social hour where people go there to hang out and occupy stations.

Not a home gym guy. I would be if I didn't have a nice gym close to me but this is the absolute golden age of going to the gym. It used to be where you go to the gym and it's 90% dudes with a few girls on the cardio machines or in the class. My gym is more females than dudes and they are all in lululemon tights doing glute exercises. They are all aspiring instagram fitness models and they make the gym awesome.
Once I got my job, I live a three minutes from the gym and go at 5am, is it usually my best effort, no, not at all, but still get it in

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
January made me think of a text I got from a friend in Yutan about Tony Crapelli day. Supposedly he is kin to the Crapelli crime family in Omaha, mayor of Yutan and people love him for reducing petty crime. Is this true or is my friend still a lying dog?
If my last name was Crap-elli, think I'd change it. Eh Yo...you know Bobby Crapelli-pants? I just don't see it as a strong crime family name, but what do I know

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
It starts tomorrow
Head In Hands GIF by Australian Survivor

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I work at Offutt AFB and the amount of people in the gym come 1 Jan is amazing. There are a lot of people anyway b/c military...gotta work out. Well most anyway, I've seen some fat ass military boys and girls, but it is the same as the big box gym. Floods of peeps then after about a month....back to the regular crowd.

This is the Offutt Field House or gym. Yes...it's an old hangar...yes there are workout things throughout the entire length of the building. It's actually pretty amazing

View attachment 18655
I hate AF gyms because the squat racks are always taken up by dummies doing barbell curls there so they can watch themselves in the mirrors

doublewing

Running Back
I feel like if someone is in the gym for 2+ hours at a time then their workouts aren't as intense as they should be or they are socializing too much. 🤷‍♂️
There are a few dudes at my gym that are like that. I think there is both a creeper component as well as them not having much going on outside of the gym.

I'm in and out in an hour or less and get a great workout in.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I feel like if someone is in the gym for 2+ hours at a time then their workouts aren't as intense as they should be or they are socializing too much. 🤷‍♂️
Almost always true, but the dude I know who is the most jacked does 2 hrs minimum at the gym (and also steroids).

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
See both sides here. Have most everything I need at home, but hold onto a Y membership for this time of year (when it gets really cold) to run or hit some of the other machines. The surge in peeps is annoying, but I can’t shit on people for trying to get themselves straight.

If anything while you are in your i’m better than these fatties mode, walk by and tell one of them nice work, keep grinding, or if you see them doing it wrong, give them a polite suggestion. It’s amazing how many more will stick with it and get healthy.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Went to a commercial gym for many years until me and my wife were expecting and then I started to look at home gym possibilities. Ended up basically poor man’s replicating what I did at the gym in my garage. It’s about 50/50 on days I miss the gym compared to like being at home. Way easier with a child do do it at home but I do miss the “competition” at the gym I was at. I know how that sounds but there were a few powerlifters there during the years I was there and there was certainly unspoken healthy competition. Helped out a lot when I was about 23-27 and transitioning from baseball to trying to still be competitive in something else.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
January made me think of a text I got from a friend in Yutan about Tony Crapelli day. Supposedly he is kin to the Crapelli crime family in Omaha, mayor of Yutan and people love him for reducing petty crime. Is this true or is my friend still a lying dog?
I have a relative that wrote a book about the Omaha mafia. No idea if Mike Kelly (new mayor) or Darin Egr (old mayor) is related to the Crapelli's though.

Who is the friend? Is he a Yutanian or did he move there this century?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds