Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Tater Island is starting to roll out team sites, and I think that's going to be interesting for Rivals/HOL (2 Viewers)

klrgumby

Linebacker
Pretty sure any company Shannon Terry touches at this point will set him for access. Robin is Robin, I don’t think the coaches and players just know him as HOL Robin. His best career move at this point may be to split and become a bigger player with Tater Island.

Sure but no new company is going to have the money to just throw at players to do a podcast like HOL is for Nebraska. The return value would be pretty low for a startup to do that unless they are flush with cash. I realize he built the other 2 sites before moving on but he's also smart in knowing you don't get too big from the start. Robin is obviously known regardless of who he is with but for all intents and purposes today HOL gives him the best opportunity to get all access to the program.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
200.gif

You wise motherfucker

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What is Tater Island?

Is Rivals RSS going away?
Another recruiting network with team fansites. Essentially, it's a newer, better version of Rivals and 247. 247 is currently the standard; we'll see if this displaces it. Shannon Terry was involved in founding all three companies.

It appears that the HOL/Rivals contractual relationship is up sometime in June. After that, I suspect that, yes, Rivals' RSS will cease to exist. Tater Island's boards already are called "Red Sea Scrolls, "The Open Scrolls," etc. What will be more interesting to me is whether Rivals brings in another Nebraska fansite with new staff and all that.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Another recruiting network with team fansites. Essentially, it's a newer, better version of Rivals and 247. 247 is currently the standard; we'll see if this displaces it. Shannon Terry was involved in founding all three companies.

It appears that the HOL/Rivals contractual relationship is up sometime in June. After that, I suspect that, yes, Rivals' RSS will cease to exist. Tater Island's boards already are called "Red Sea Scrolls, "The Open Scrolls," etc. What will be more interesting to me is whether Rivals brings in another Nebraska fansite with new staff and all that.

If deab moves there, then i wonder if my lifetime free Rivals membership goes away?

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

When you say better version of Rivals and 247 what are referring to?

Staff talent? Features? Saw Chad Simmons over there which is great. Site seams buggy atm which is to be expected.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I just don't see Sean being able to convert enough people from Rivals to Tater Island. It'd be a total rebuild and frankly I think more people are subbed for the community at this point than the actual content. Only way it happens is if Rivals goes under or gets sold to Tater Island.

I'd be surprised if Nate didn't run the Tater Island site and maybe poach one of the 247 guys
Lol idiot

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
When you say better version of Rivals and 247 what are referring to?

Staff talent? Features? Saw Chad Simmons over there which is great. Site seams buggy atm which is to be expected.
For a start, there are actual national analysts there. Rivals has that poor new guy Clint and Gorney. That's just about it now. The rats have been abandoning ship slowly and then really picking it up over the past year.

I also just put a lot of faith in this guy Shannon Terry. He had a hand in starting Rivals, then made 247 to improve upon that, and then made this presumably to improve upon 247. He's going to take all the recruiting ranking and prediction features that worked along the way, add some more stuff, and also bring in cool functionality related to NIL and things like that.

Honestly, it just got to the point that Rivals was so bad I would have been happy for any reasonable service to pop up that would entice RSS to move. Say what you want about that damn place, it's not the 247 board.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
For a start, there are actual national analysts there. Rivals has that poor new guy Clint and Gorney. That's just about it now. The rats have been abandoning ship slowly and then really picking it up over the past year.

I also just put a lot of faith in this guy Shannon Terry. He had a hand in starting Rivals, then made 247 to improve upon that, and then made this presumably to improve upon 247. He's going to take all the recruiting ranking and prediction features that worked along the way, add some more stuff, and also bring in cool functionality related to NIL and things like that.

Honestly, it just got to the point that Rivals was so bad I would have been happy for any reasonable service to pop up that would entice RSS to move. Say what you want about that damn place, it's not the 247 board.
Good to know, haven’t been keeping up with Rivals at all.

Glad to see another competitor

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds