Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Tanner Terch is N (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
michael jackson dancing GIF

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
For those who aren't subscribed to Tater Island:

2025 ATH Tanner Terch feels the vibe and commits to Matt Rhule and Nebraska​

Bryan Mongo • about 9 hours

Littleton (Colo.) Heritage athlete Tanner Terch is still thinking about his visit to Nebraska last Thursday. He can still feel that feeling in downtown Lincoln.

Terch left Lincoln with an offer from the Huskers and has added his name to the 2025 commitment list. He is the sixth commitment in the commitment class
“It really started top to bottom for me,” Terch said. “From the recruiting assistants to the top with coach Rhule.

From the second that I even stepped foot in Lincoln at the hotel, I could feel a good vibe. My dad was with me, and he felt the same way.

“Out of all of the places we have been, Lincoln had a special sparkle to it. It really stuck for me. It felt like the people cared a lot. Everywhere I was and everyone I talked to knew who I was, and it felt like they genuinely cared.”

Facilities, people of Nebraska, and city of Lincoln were all factors for Terch to choose the Huskers​

Terch has visited a number of schools and he’s never seen anything like the facilities at Nebraska. His visits have taken him from West Point, Kansas State, Colorado State, and Wyoming.

The facilities, the staff, and the town of Lincoln played a big role in his commitment.

“The facilities that they are building are top-notch,” Terch said. “It’s top of the line. That caught my eye right off of the bat. The indoor facility is amazing. The quality of the staff at Nebraska is amazing. And I really like the Haymarket. It’s super cool.

“I didn’t have a lot of expectations for Lincoln or I didn’t know what to expect.

I had been there once for baseball when I was pretty young. It surprised me; it was really cool. I really liked Lincoln a lot.”

He could be considered an athlete, but Terch said in a meeting with head coach Matt Rhule that the offer was more for one side of the ball. The door is open on playing another position, and Terch hopes he can figure a way into the picture for special teams.

“When we talked to coach Rhule, I think that he made it sound like they like me on defense,” Terch said. “I think they have a few receivers coming in. But I don’t think that door is closed.

“They kind of left it open as a ‘come in and work, and we will try you out wherever.’ I would love to play on special teams. It’s one of my favorite things to do in football.”

Terch felt like Nebraska’s secondary was a good fit from scrimmage​

Terch was in Lincoln last Thursday and watched the defense closely during a scrimmage. He saw several things about the defensive coaching staff and team members that helped make him feel like becoming a Husker was the right move.

“I loved how animated the defense was,” Terch said. “They seem like a family out there, and they are very energetic. I liked that. Coach Cooper is really funny and a cool guy, and I enjoyed talking to him. Coach White, and watching him coach made me feel like I was at home with how he was talking to his guys and coaching them up. It felt like a good fit for me.”

Terch is planning on taking his official visit to Nebraska from June 21st through June 23rd. There is a chance that he and his family could be back in Lincoln before his official visit date for another unofficial visit.

As a junior, Terch had 55 catches for 876 yards receiving and eight touchdowns. He finished the year with 1,317 all-purpose yards and ten total touchdowns (two rushing touchdowns).

Terch was an all-state selection as a wide receiver.

Last edited:

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Is that a real quote??
yes
"I think there's going to be more of a defensive side start to things," he said. "Coach Cooper played a big role in me being offered. He's trying to bring back the white defensive backs is what he told me. He's pretty cool. I think it'll be a defensive start because they said they have some guys coming it at receiver. I don't think that door is closed, but defensive back is more where I fit."

Schaefer thinks it was more of a joke based on peoples reactions to Cooper DeJean

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
yes
"I think there's going to be more of a defensive side start to things," he said. "Coach Cooper played a big role in me being offered. He's trying to bring back the white defensive backs is what he told me. He's pretty cool. I think it'll be a defensive start because they said they have some guys coming it at receiver. I don't think that door is closed, but defensive back is more where I fit."

Schaefer thinks it was more of a joke based on peoples reactions to Cooper DeJean
Luulllllllzzzzzzzzzz

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds