Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Talk me off the ledge (1 Viewer)

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Green Bay Packers Shut Up GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
How is any coach going to fix this cluster fuck? It just seems like we're cursed to always lose, no matter what any coach does to try to fix it.
Ok I'll give it a shot:

You had a new QB, new RB, new WRs, new TE, new C, new starting OG who was suspended 1 full yr, new LBs, true freshmen DEs, new S, new HC, new assistant coaches, new kicker, new KR, new PR, most talented WR quit 10 days before the season.

You're gonna get this in CFB w that many new faces and no preseason + conference road game as your opener. I'm not happy about the way we lost either but gotta understand macro context too.

(BTW none of this is sunshine-pumping, I'm only saying that a mistake-laden shit show was very predictable in this type of road game/season opener, thus we shouldn't freak out and fire everyone)

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The ending sucked balls but, on reflection, the totality of the night was relatively promising.

Sims scares the shit out of me, but when you look at how devoid that roster is of playmakers, it's kind of amazing that we outgained Minnesota and really should have won the game.

It's just shocking how bare the cupboard is at the skill positions. Sims can't really throw and despite the fact that he picked up yards, he in no way looked elite as a runner. He didn't look like a guy that could ever break something off. He was serviceable and game to run, which was enough for most of the night.

We don't have any RB that can change a game, and the best runner is also the worst fumbler.

WR, much like a choking on someone else's vomit, is a mystery best left unsolved.

It felt like we were squeezing a pretty decent result out of some very underwhelming raw material until the clock struck the Nebraska hour. But I think given all of the above, there is hope going forward.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Curses are fake and gay.

What happened was we had a legendary coach who was good enough to win even when some retards in administration or players were being retards, then a decent coach who wasn't good enough to overcome said retards, then journeyman coach who thought the good ones were retards, then another decent coach who got himself too worked up about the retards, then a retard coach with extra retarded retards in administration, then a formerly decent coach who decided to become a retard.

Now we have a really good coach who doesn't have obvious retards in administration, but has a roster that's been steeped in retardation for years.

So it's going to take probably a year or two to work the retardation out of the program.
This is correct

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I think Rhule is the answer. He's good at instilling the values & culture he wants in a team and he's built up dumpster fires like us multiple times. The difference between how we shit the bed against Minny and how Frost teams shit the bed is that we looked like our coaches had a solid plan and didn't panic. I'm pretty pessimistic about the rest of this season and next season, but I think Rhule can build a strong program here.
3 winning seasons in 9 years as a head coach just fuckin screams success. My God you guys are delusional. Derpy CTE Turd not hiring #DucksFirstChoice will go down in Husker lore as yet another colossal fuck up.

Who takes this job at the end of the 2025 season is the real question

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The ending sucked balls but, on reflection, the totality of the night was relatively promising.

Sims scares the shit out of me, but when you look at how devoid that roster is of playmakers, it's kind of amazing that we outgained Minnesota and really should have won the game.

It's just shocking how bare the cupboard is at the skill positions. Sims can't really throw and despite the fact that he picked up yards, he in no way looked elite as a runner. He didn't look like a guy that could ever break something off. He was serviceable and game to run, which was enough for most of the night.

We don't have any RB that can change a game, and the best runner is also the worst fumbler.

WR, much like a choking on someone else's vomit, is a mystery best left unsolved.

It felt like we were squeezing a pretty decent result out of some very underwhelming raw material until the clock struck the Nebraska hour. But I think given all of the above, there is hope going forward.
Yep.

Honestly the only thing I'm even remotely pissed at Rhule about is his (and Satterfield's) choosing Sims out of the portal. He's clearly a very flawed QB and it's not certain that he can make a big jump from the flawed QB he was at GT. But even w that I can kinda understand it - you got a super shitty OL, no good portal options at QB, why not take a QB/RB and try to just run/run option your way to 6-7 wins. It's not the worst idea ever. The problem obviously was throwing him at the times we did.

Everything else was pretty understandable given the shit he inherited.

Also you have to understand that if you started w home S Alabama and home Bowling Green then cupcake P5 Cal...You're probably starting 3-0 that way but it's still the same flawed team. This just got exacerbated by the fact that we had to do all this the first time vs a top 5 B1G program on the road.

I'm not jumping off a ledge yet but I DO want to see some high level coaching in dealing with the Sims situation. I need to see a quick hook from Satterfield if this continues. More than happy to have Chubba get his chance if the alternative is a guy who throws 3 INTs/game.

Toe

Wide Receiver
Frankly, the game played out about the way I thought it would. I expected both teams to be better on defense than offense, resulting in a low-scoring slugfest. Problem is, that's the kind of game that tends to favor Fleck.

Minnesota doesn't have Ibrahim anymore and it shows. Some people were talking up their WRs, and one did make a few plays, but that's about it. They're not gonna scare anyone with their offense this year. Their defense, on the other hand, is still the strength of their team.

Sims is what I expected - talented but mistake-prone. But he wasn't getting a whole lot of help from his WRs, which is probably going be the biggest problem this year. Grant's got legs, but still shouldn't be seeing the field much. I still like the hire of White more than Satterfield, though we haven't seen how the defense will hold up against an offense with a pulse.

For me, what it comes down to is this: it was the first game of the season with a new staff and a lot of new players, and Minnesota was #4 in scoring defense and #9 in total defense last year. There's definitely gonna be some squeaky wheels on this team, but the offense isn't going to look this weak overall in most games. With decent defense and special teams play, I think we'll be alright. Bring on Deion!

Last edited:

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
We have big mental health problem in this country and the explosion of mental help therapy and mental drugs is the cause of it.

Shut the fuck up and pull the trigger and kill yourself before you procreate and pass on your mental issues on to another generation.

Thin the herd. You are weak and need to die.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We have big mental health problem in this country and the explosion of mental help therapy and mental drugs is the cause of it.

Shut the fuck up and pull the trigger and kill yourself before you procreate and pass on your mental issues on to another generation.

Awkward Details GIF by CBS

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
How is any coach going to fix this cluster fuck? It just seems like we're cursed to always lose, no matter what any coach does to try to fix it. I don't know how many more of these games I can watch and stay sane. I know I'm being overly dramatic, but god damnit I'm so fucking tired of losing.
There is no hope

Fuck everything

Go big red

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

You had me with that first paragraph. After that...

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I know it’s cliche, and not even sure if it’s legal, but it should be considered to take the 94 mantra and put like 5-8 minutes on the clock at the end of practice, and just do game situations, whether padded or not, and just rep that shit, until perfect as perfect can get, until that “fear” is just beaten outta this program and it’s just second nature.

Everyone thinks about it if the game is close with about 8 minutes. “How’s it gonna happen?” They even put it up on the screen on TV. Cool, so work those last few minutes in practice to be perfect so it doesn’t matter anymore. That’s not the narrative with any other school and it doesn’t happen this consistently with any other school.

Just a thought

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
just don’t care as much anymore.

I still watch every game. But I don’t get as upset as I use to because I’m use to the losing.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds