Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stock Market/Investing/Day Trading/Speculative Trading Thread (5 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I think that you'd probably have some exemption for VC/PE but who knows. Not going to happen either way and more likely carry would be eliminated (also not going to happen!)
I'm sure I'll have 100+ phone calls in the next month from people that make 100k and a net worth of 250k asking me how much more tax these possible changes will cost them.

Had a lot of clients asking if their refund went down/owed more because of the Biden tax law changes this last year.

A few years ago it was about the changes in taxes on real estate and farmers telling me they were going to have to sell everything to pay for the changes.

The common theme. There are/were no changes.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
I'm sure I'll have 100+ phone calls in the next month from people that make 100k and a net worth of 250k asking me how much more tax these possible changes will cost them.

Had a lot of clients asking if their refund went down/owed more because of the Biden tax law changes this last year.

A few years ago it was about the changes in taxes on real estate and farmers telling me they were going to have to sell everything to pay for the changes.

I also heard you made one of your clients take you to lunch!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Casey's pizza.

10c73a888a6c180b8d8ca9bcbe4a3667.gif

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

In my opinion the lack of understanding how our tax system works is the reason for almost every issue in this country.

Rich people don't understand how they benefit and/or what they should be mad about.

Poor people don't understand how they benefit and/or what they should be mad about.

Even "educated" people and the vast majority of our ruling class (politicians) don't understand how they benefit and/or what they should be mad about.

Best tax system in the world IMO and specialized in tax law and I've been to 30+ countries over 5 continents.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
In my opinion the lack of understanding how our tax system works is the reason for almost every issue in this country.

Rich people don't understand how they benefit and/or what they should be mad about.

Poor people don't understand how they benefit and/or what they should be mad about.

Even "educated" people and the vast majority of our ruling class (politicians) don't understand how they benefit and/or what they should be mad about.

Best tax system in the world IMO and specialized in tax law and I've been to 30+ countries over 5 continents.
Fuck that

IMG_1628.jpeg

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Own several of those equities. Swing, batter batter batter, SWING!
I got 3, 2 of my top 3 (lly & aapl)

Wing stop is one I’ve had in my bullpen but it has been too hot lately.. McDonald’s and dominos are two other that I’m interested in.

Master card is another I’m very interested in.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I got 3, 2 of my top 3 (lly & aapl)

Wing stop is one I’ve had in my bullpen but it has been too hot lately.. McDonald’s and dominos are two other that I’m interested in.

Master card is another I’m very interested in.

Mrs. LHR has been in and out of MC over the last five or six years. She’s made good money on it. She’s also a loooooong term AAPL holder & also currently holds AMZN.

I’m currently holding RIOT & AMD. RIOT needs to run. Bigly. We shall see where BTC actually goes post-halving.

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
Mrs. LHR has been in and out of MC over the last five or six years. She’s made good money on it. She’s also a loooooong term AAPL holder & also currently holds AMZN.

I’m currently holding RIOT & AMD. RIOT needs to run. Bigly. We shall see where BTC actually goes post-halving.
I'm curious if you have any thoughts on CORE. I picked up a bunch during bankruptcy. Interestingly, they added the GPRE CEO to their BOD back in January.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm curious if you have any thoughts on CORE. I picked up a bunch during bankruptcy. Interestingly, they added the GPRE CEO to their BOD back in January.
I like the fact that it’s Etherium-based as I believe ETH is really going to own the lubrication space in blockchain. CORE seems to have retracted from their recent run-up to their relatively stable price point. Long term, there’s a lot to like there.

With that said, I’m not a crypto wiz. I’ve been investing in the space for a while, but I’ve probably made more stupid buys & trades than smart ones. Still, I’ve made some very good coin for no more than I’ve put into it (>$20K).

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
I like the fact that it’s Etherium-based as I believe ETH is really going to own the lubrication space in blockchain. CORE seems to have retracted from their recent run-up to their relatively stable price point. Long term, there’s a lot to like there.

With that said, I’m not a crypto wiz. I’ve been investing in the space for a while, but I’ve probably made more stupid buys & trades than smart ones. Still, I’ve made some very good coin for no more than I’ve put into it (>$20K).
Sorry, I’m an idiot. Meant CORZ which is the miner Core Scientific.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sorry, I’m an idiot. Meant CORZ which is the miner Core Scientific.
All of the miner stocks are stuck in the same conundrum: BTC just got twice as difficult to mine. Until the price of BTC goes up, they’ll drift unless they have the capability to pivot their business model and use their computing / hashrate capacity for other purposes (e.g. data center hosting).

As I mentioned above, I own RIOT & Mrs. LHR also owns some MARA. I truly don’t know much enough about CORE to comment on their value proposition or their intrinsic worth. 🤷‍♂️

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds