Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Spring Practice (6 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm a Chief guy but I also remember Rhule talking him up last off season too and as soon as the season started he faded away. Hopefully being his second year in the program this season will be different.
The small part of me that still believes optimism is useful thinks that most of that is a testament to all the dudes who came on at that position

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Hilarious that a guy who quotes 3rd down percentages and what that does to win probability to the percentage can’t remember who led the only 99 yard drive of the scrimmage 😂😂😂

Also. I fucking love HCMaRhu he’s so energetic, so in control, and so level headed with his analysis.

I was thinking during his interview he said he’d have to go back and watch the tape to answer something. I flashed back and remembered Frost saying that in every presser - then thought of this question:

What percentage of times Scotty said that did he watch the film and make an adept change in operation?

Now, same question for Rhule.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Hilarious that a guy who quotes 3rd down percentages and what that does to win probability to the percentage can’t remember who led the only 99 yard drive of the scrimmage 😂😂😂

Also. I fucking love HCMaRhu he’s so energetic, so in control, and so level headed with his analysis.

I was thinking during his interview he said he’d have to go back and watch the tape to answer something. I flashed back and remembered Frost saying that in every presser - then thought of this question:

What percentage of times Scotty said that did he watch the film and make an adept change in operation?

Now, same question for Rhule
As much as I wish we were getting details of the scrimmages I also heartily approve of how Rhule has managed expectations for Dylan and refused to allow Dylan to become the focus of the narrative. You know if he admitted Dylan was the QB he'd also be admitting that Dylan is QB1. And the press would blow that up and we the fans would eat it up and have stupid expectations come fall that Dylan most likely wouldn't live up to etc etc. Rhule is such a wise man.

To your second point: Yes isn't it nice to have a grown man as HC instead of a petulant narcissist with a plethora of mental issues?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
As much as I wish we were getting details of the scrimmages I also heartily approve of how Rhule has managed expectations for Dylan and refused to allow Dylan to become the focus of the narrative. You know if he admitted Dylan was the QB he'd also be admitting that Dylan is QB1. And the press would blow that up and we the fans would eat it up and have stupid expectations come fall that Dylan most likely wouldn't live up to etc etc. Rhule is such a wise man.

To your second point: Yes isn't it nice to have a grown man as HC instead of a petulant narcissist with a plethora of mental issues?
Rhule is only holding down the lid of the exploding pot of Kool-Aid. Everyone knows but might as well as keep holding it down until it's ready.

GAHusker

Cornerback
I don’t think there was much hype at all going into last season. From reading message boards to talking to people in public most were going into the season with a wait and see attitude after being burned with fluff for years.
Last year Sipple compared Sims to Lamar Jackson and even suggested once that Sims had a better arm. I am not fucking joking

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Last year Sipple compared Sims to Lamar Jackson and even suggested once that Sims had a better arm. I am not fucking joking
The media always posts fluff. My point is the fans for the most part haven’t been buying it due to our program falling off a cliff since Pelini was fired. Most of the Husker fans I’ve talked to are in the prove it mode.

On the Sipple front anyone who isn’t retarded knew he was full of shit since there was enough of a sample size at GT to know Sims wasn’t close to being that caliber of player, and if he was some other big time school would have got him before us.

Last edited:

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
So how will they keep it contained after Saturday? Will they limit him to like five passes and 30 handoffs? Or will it be full steam ahead with Dylanmania?

Herbie

Quarterback
So how will they keep it contained after Saturday? Will they limit him to like five passes and 30 handoffs? Or will it be full steam ahead with Dylanmania?
He said they aren’t going to show much during it.
Have a continuous running clock. Throw in a few gimmicks and he won’t have much time to play.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds