Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Speaking of Portal....I wonder who we will lose.

I still have heard so many mixed versions of this.

I think they're all subtle differences of the same thing.

Rhule: "Right now Sims is #1 because you weren't there. You will have to unseat him"
Casey: "Will I get an even chance to win the job?"
Rhule: "Yeah, but Sims will be the #1 guy in fall camp"
Casey: "I'm out".
Or Rhule just says the job is open.

Princely is probably testing the draft this year tbh
Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

I had a half chub already.

Or Rhule just says the job is open.
I am pretty skeptical that is all that was said, and it certainly wasn't what he said publicly. In fact he constantly talked about Jeff Sims in his press conferences and rarely brought up Casey. He was constantly trying to build up Sims in the mind of the public and even said that Sims was the leader.

So I highly doubt he turned around and told Casey that the job is open.

I am pretty skeptical that is all that was said, and it certainly wasn't what he said publicly. In fact he constantly talked about Jeff Sims in his press conferences and rarely brought up Casey. He was constantly trying to build up Sims in the mind of the public and even said that Sims was the leader.

So I highly doubt he turned around and told Casey that the job is open.
How you talk about a guy that isn't practicing? He mentioned him as someone that would compete for the starting job several times.

How you talk about a guy that isn't practicing? He mentioned him as someone that would compete for the starting job several times.
As a complete afterthought he mentioned it a couple times. But hardly.

But he explicitly said Jeff was #1 coming out of spring.

As a complete afterthought he mentioned it a couple times. But hardly.

But he explicitly said Jeff was #1 coming out of spring.

Which he should have been, given that Casey was hurt all spring and didnt compete. As others stated, how are you supposed to talk about a QB that has been hurt since you arrived?

Which he should have been, given that Casey was hurt all spring and didnt compete. As others stated, how are you supposed to talk about a QB that has been hurt since you arrived?
He had no reason to name someone #1 at that point. NONE.

But yes, when you're asked about QBs and you specifically leave Casey out, it's glaring. Comments like, "Casey is learning the playbook, Casey is working his way back, Casey is throwing it around, We like Casey"...instead...most times it was Jeff, Chubba, Heinrich...no Casey.

I'm not saying Casey didn't want to be named the starter, but Rhule made it painfully obvious who his guy was in the spring. There was 100 discussions about it on RRS/Inside and I said repeatedly, "Why does he keep hyping up Jeff. Jeff has sucked his whole career. He's a turnover machine. Maybe he'll turn a corner under different coaching, but that's far from guaranteed."

He locked in on Sims and made it very clear that Casey would have to change his mind (which is different from an open competition)

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back