Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Speaking of Portal....I wonder who we will lose.

I have a feeling Cam Lenhardt leaves.

ben-shapiro-facts-dont-care-about-your-feelings.gif

Casey wanted to be guaranteed that he'd be the starter. I don't know many coaches that would give that guarantee.
I still have heard so many mixed versions of this.

I think they're all subtle differences of the same thing.

Rhule: "Right now Sims is #1 because you weren't there. You will have to unseat him"
Casey: "Will I get an even chance to win the job?"
Rhule: "Yeah, but Sims will be the #1 guy in fall camp"
Casey: "I'm out".

I still have heard so many mixed versions of this.

I think they're all subtle differences of the same thing.

Rhule: "Right now Sims is #1 because you weren't there. You will have to unseat him"
Casey: "Will I get an even chance to win the job?"
Rhule: "Yeah, but Sims will be the #1 guy in fall camp"
Casey: "I'm out".
The cruel irony is that he would have been starting from the NIU game at the very worst if he had stayed.

So I have kinda been holding out… I heard that a brother of an underclass may have interest in coming here depending on how his season ends..

No name giving or school but this is whom I thought of.

6'5" 255 DE
2 year starter
35 tackles - 10 TFL - 5.5 sacks this season

Yeah, that'll work.

I always ask this question about the portal, who have we ever lost that we really wish didn't leave?

Hausmann and Wan'Dale...but anyone else?
Riley & Rogers both started for Oregon at DT. I think Riley is on an NFL Practice Squad right now. Ajay Allen was talented but if he was as lazy as rumored then better to have him off the team. RHule is building for the long term

Purdy
Sims
Ervin
Smith-Flores
Marcus Washington
IGC
Corcoran
Snodgrass
Tagaloa
Rollins
Safeeullah

Washington is out of eligibility.

From just looking at the roster,

Sims

Purdy

Borders (Good player but probably looking for more playing time)

Lynum (Has been great on specials & in mop-up duty this year but will be a senior and probably looking for a guaranteed starting spot)

Bonner (Rhule/Satt kinda fucked this guy's career up, I can see him losing 20 pounds & playing WR at JUCO)

Jeudy (Has played decently for us but probably looking for a guaranteed starting spot & there are younger, better guys behind him)

Kaine Williams (Just isn't a fit & has struggled to get on the field)

Kpai (Has struggled to gain weight & tbh, I wasn't blown away by him in high school. If we're playing 200 different linebackers a game and he still can't play, that's a bad sign)

Rahmir Stewart (A player told me he showed up really out of shape, obviously that doesn't mean much & he can still lose weight, and become a good player but yeah lol)

Snodgrass (Everyone says how much of a great guy he is, which is probably true but he can go be a great guy at South Dakota. Probably the worst take in Nebraska history. I highly doubt he leaves, for whatever reason Nebraska loves keeping in-state scholarship kids that suck and need to be forced into the portal)

Jeremiah Charles (Wager guy)

Smith Flores (Wager guy)

Brice Turner (Track guy that was a project from the beginning, could be easily recruited over, could leave football to focus on the track team)

Corcoran (Every offensive lineman got better as the season got on except him, then he got injured. The worst blindside protector in college football. He can go redeem himself at Colorado State or Tulsa.)

Gunnerson (Playing time has decreased as the season got on. One of Frost's "all flash & bravado in warmups but is fucking trash when the game starts" players)

Will all these guys leave? Maybe not. There are some guys I didn't list who might leave as well.

Have to think Princewill is going to be offered a bag by A&M / UT to come play back home
Get avatars

We would have at least 3 more wins this year with him at the helm
You didn't see him play post-surgery, did you?

Casey played in about 1.3 FBS games before he was hurt again. Look at the QBRs. 4.3 yards per pass attempt against Ohio. No TDs, 4 INTS :

1700142071031.png

Last edited:
You didn't see him play post-surgery, did you?

Casey played in about 1.3 FBS games before he was hurt again. Look at the QBRs. 4.3 yards per pass attempt against Ohio. No TDs, 4 INTS :

View attachment 29833
with as mad as people are that Rhule missed on Sims, imagine if he had instead chosen to stick with an injury prone 6th year QB coming off shoulder surgery

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back