Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sources - Josh Lynn vetted for Offensive Line coach (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Genuine question, what does Harrell bring to the table that we haven’t seen so far? I’ve been wrong many times here but are we looking to throw the damn ball mostly in 2022?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Fwiw I said Harrell was the favorite 2ish weeks ago...

Mongo said it was stupid and didn't see the connection.

Then today Schafer and Parker both said he was a serious contender.

TPB has been the only board with information on this since day one.

The original list of candidates a number of us got had: Harrell, Davis, Whipple, Ruggiero, and Willy Korn. The only one missing was Anae. That’s three of the four that this has ultimately come down to. No other place had Lashlee even mentioned.

In a situation as fluid as a coaching search, a lot of people are going to get information that is true at the time, but might not end up being true in the end. A perfect example is @TraditionCoalition posting about Josh Lynn on RSS. He was right at one point. Obviously, something changed and what he was saying isn’t going to come to fruition. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t correct at one point.

I’d rather people post things here that they’re hearing at the time so we can discuss rather than try to bat 1.000

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maybe Frosty was helping his boy leverage UNK for a much deserved and more lucrative extension. Or maybe he’s that good of an oline coach. I never knew Lynn was well known for building great olines though.
He was getting the extension with what he did on the field this year. UNK gave him more money, but they can only do so much regardless.

UNK’sker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
He was getting the extension with what he did on the field this year. UNK gave him more money, but they can only do so much regardless.
I understand that they’re probably maxed out money-wise annually at a certain point, and that point is probably now because of his sustained and consistent success, but that a lone might not push a program to do everything in their control to keep him necessarily.

Leveraging your situation with another more lucrative job does do that. Maybe UNK can’t offer much more money but he could get other demands met plus potentially more years on an extension. Regardless it’s good ammo to go to the negotiating table with even if you have no plans to leave.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I could see Scott not truly considering Lynn but maybe dropping a suble leak about considering him to help his buddy get a raise and a contract extension.

I could see this but Frost obviously values his opinion and thinks highly of him as a coach.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
@slattimer another meme for you to troll people like my Dad when Nebraska inevitably doesn’t hire Lynn/Davis

4-E9749-EC-960-F-44-B8-B46-B-7-E1317-D4-D909.jpg

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
TBH, @HuskerGarrett your “insiders” have been shit lately. Not throwing shade at you at all, but I feel like these people have been wrong more than right lately.
it's a fluid situation. So many moving pieces and I'm not even sure Frost has a true plan or idea of what he wants to do. I got word from big Husker boosters that Frost was being canned, and look how quickly that changed. The Tradition Coalition came in and bullied Turd Alberts into keeping Frost. Our Athletic Department is a mess, too many cooks in the kitchen and our head Chef Turd isn't allowed to do his job. Sous Chef Frost acting like he forgot to take his Adderall when wrote up today's Specials.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
it's a fluid situation. So many moving pieces and I'm not even sure Frost has a true plan or idea of what he wants to do. I got word from big Husker boosters that Frost was being canned, and look how quickly that changed. The Tradition Coalition came in and bullied Turd Alberts into keeping Frost. Our Athletic Department is a mess, too many cooks in the kitchen and our head Chef Turd isn't allowed to do his job. Sous Chef Frost acting like he forgot to take his Adderall when wrote up today's Specials.

So many people refuse to believe that Alberts wanted Frost out and the TC bailed him out it’s laughable.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean if we're being honest, Turd has directly taken shots through quotes in interviews so no one should be surprised by that.
Sounds like Turd was really pissed off that the TC clipped his wings for trying to do what was best for the Football Program. One doesn't need to be a Rocket Surgeon to be able to read between the lines on his released comments to the press after he was forced to keep Frost. From what I was told Frost didn't know the TC had saved his job. Oh to be a Fly on the Wall when Frost found that out. Has to be a huge blow to Frost's monstrous ego. Maybe it was an eye opener for him and he will be open to change and growing as a coach. These hires will be telling, or at least a start.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sounds like Turd was really pissed off that the TC clipped his wings for trying to do what was best for the Football Program. One doesn't need to be a Rocket Surgeon to be able to read between the lines on his released comments to the press after he was forced to keep Frost. From what I was told Frost didn't know the TC had saved his job. Oh to be a Fly on the Wall when Frost found that out. Has to be a huge blow to Frost's monstrous ego. Maybe it was an eye opener for him and he will be open to change and growing as a coach. These hires will be telling, or at least a start.
Yeah in my opinion, if it is Wipple, that tells me he's willing to lean from an experienced P5 Assistant with HC experience. I don't love the hire to be honest, but I understand it. Paraphrasing one of Turd's quotes, but it was very much telling, said something along the lines of that he doesn't like coaches making excuses for losing. There's a difference between facts and excuses in my opinion, but Frost has made some excuses and it's pretty obvious that's what Turd was talking about. Frost is lucky and wouldn't be here if he wasn't who he is. We all know that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds