Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sources - Josh Lynn vetted for Offensive Line coach (4 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

His coaching history is interesting though.

Head coach + secondary + special teams coordinator

Head coach + offensive coordinator + special teams coordinator + offensive line coach

like how do you do all of that stuff at the same time
He is a good coach, but it’s a hard sell. It would be easier to bring in a guy like Lynn where you have had success as a program.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Deab speaks....

Here is an update on where things sit Monday night:

Offensive coordinator: One candidate that didn't coach last week who remains in the mix is Virginia's Robert Anae. He's someone that became available that a week ago you didn't know his name would be on the market.

The two that coached Saturday that Nebraska has talked to are USC's Graham Harrell and Pittburgh's Mark Whipple. Arizona State's Zak Hill remains in play as well, but I still think Auburn is likely where he lands.

With Whipple, I think his number to leave Pitt is very high, and I get the sense he wants to stay in the Northeast.

Special teams: It still continues to be Bill Busch, Virginia's Ricky Brumfield and a third candidate I heard about tonight is Virginia Tech's James Shibest. His name was first reported by Steve Sipple of the Journal Star.

Offensive line: Scott Frost interviewed both the Chicago Bears Donovan Raiola and Notre Dame's Jeff Quinn on Friday before coming back to Lincoln.

Just wanted to give you the latest on what I had tonight...

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Deab speaks....

Here is an update on where things sit Monday night:

Offensive coordinator: One candidate that didn't coach last week who remains in the mix is Virginia's Robert Anae. He's someone that became available that a week ago you didn't know his name would be on the market.

The two that coached Saturday that Nebraska has talked to are USC's Graham Harrell and Pittburgh's Mark Whipple. Arizona State's Zak Hill remains in play as well, but I still think Auburn is likely where he lands.

With Whipple, I think his number to leave Pitt is very high, and I get the sense he wants to stay in the Northeast.

Special teams: It still continues to be Bill Busch, Virginia's Ricky Brumfield and a third candidate I heard about tonight is Virginia Tech's James Shibest. His name was first reported by Steve Sipple of the Journal Star.

Offensive line: Scott Frost interviewed both the Chicago Bears Donovan Raiola and Notre Dame's Jeff Quinn on Friday before coming back to Lincoln.

Just wanted to give you the latest on what I had tonight...
I would be happy as fuck if it was Harrell just so the next time I see Benning I can say he was wrong.

Still want Busch (beer or puss)

OL...please let's get The Mighty....
shark week jaws GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I heard the same from a inside unk source. I actually have connections for once. I heard 3 year extension with a bit more coin to keep him.
Personally I’m happy he is staying at unk for now. I figure at some point he gets a better head coaching job somewhere else. After Lamberson unk football was a complete shit show. Lynn has been a miracle worker making unk relevant in D ll.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Personally I’m happy he is staying at unk for now. I figure at some point he gets a better head coaching job somewhere else. After Lamberson unk football was a complete shit show. Lynn has been a miracle worker making unk relevant in D ll.
I was homies with a lot of guys on lambersons staff banging out married women 🥲 all really good dudes.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well maybe this was a big ploy to get him more UNK money then
Honestly I thought the only position that made since from the Husker’s side was at analyst but let’s say they paid him 150,000, he is going to get that at UNK now with an extension with three years of job security. It would be ballsy taking an analyst job knowing Frost could be fired next year.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was homies with a lot of guys on lambersons staff banging out married women 🥲 all really good dudes.
They just couldn’t get it done. Hell Darrell did better than them, but Darrell did have some solid coaches. Darrell was the offensive line coach before he we was the head coach and he couldn't even draw up the plays. Did Lamberson follow Dorrell to central Oklahoma?

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
They just couldn’t get it done. Hell Darrell did better than them, but Darrell did have some solid coaches. Darrell was the offensive line coach before he we was the head coach and he couldn't even draw up the plays. Did Lamberson follow Dorrell to central Oklahoma?
I cannot recall for the life of me. I feel like he is the head coach at Abilene Christian U. But that also doesn’t sound right. I lost touch with all those guys when I moved to Lincoln

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Heard this too, but heard he’s upset they didn’t get the replay boards installed and opted to build suites. Still think he’s the guy. His players love him and is well respected, which makes me think he’d be solid here.
I know they are building him new offices at Ron and carol cope stadium. The bad thing for him at UNK is that he has to do fundraising himself. I remember Damon Day pretty much paid for everything with fundraising to support baseball. Atleast Lynn gets a full scholarship allotment because UNK didn’t even have that when they moved from the RMac.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I cannot recall for the life of me. I feel like he is the head coach at Abilene Christian U. But that also doesn’t sound right. I lost touch with all those guys when I moved to Lincoln
Dorrell just got fired there and made the move to central Oklahoma. Lambo was his oc there. They are in the same conference as UNK.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
So let’s logically walk through this:

We had someone in one of our group chats say that they heard Josh Lynn was coming to NU as an OL/RGC. That was Friday night. Which was the same day that interviews with Raiola and Quinn happened. So it sounds like Frost thought Lynn was his guy after all interviews were done and offered him the position. Lynn either said “Yes. Let me tell UNK” or “Let me think about it over the weekend.”

Something clearly changed from Friday night to now. Either UNK ponied up to keep him or Lynn had a change of heart and said no.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds