Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Something I’m legit concerned about with Rhule (1 Viewer)

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
They look good so far, but they had the luxury of having very good players like Newsome, Reimer, and Hugehog around to work with. Where they lacked quality options, they went out and got quality transfers to fill the gap.

Defense could fall off bigly next year when dudes like Reimer and Newsome move on
Only Reimer, Brown, and Newsome run out of eligibility. Defense should be better next year.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Only Reimer, Brown, and Newsome run out of eligibility. Defense should be better next year.

If you look at the offense it’s just Kemp, Washington, and Nouili.

Premium positions in the portal are OL/DL. Not having to turn that over next year will be great long term. Grab a portal guy to shore up LT if the price is right and move Corc inside and the younger guys getting another year of reps should help.

DBs and WRs aren’t hard to find in the portal. Should be a better, deeper roster

Herbie

Quarterback
If you look at the offense it’s just Kemp, Washington, and Nouili.

Premium positions in the portal are OL/DL. Not having to turn that over next year will be great long term. Grab a portal guy to shore up LT if the price is right and move Corc inside and the younger guys getting another year of reps should help.

DBs and WRs aren’t hard to find in the portal. Should be a better, deeper roster
Have you seen the OL? Not sure that they are all basically back is great either

Herbie

Quarterback
I feel like WR rotation is concerning.
I get depth is horrid.
But what are they really even trying to do at this point?
They got kemp in space today which is good. Washington is still a pretty meh player. Alex Bullock honestly does nothing unless it’s a blown coverage trick play that’s almost a turnover.
They just keep eliminating WRs and adding extra linemen. Which is great if the team can actually run the ball. TE can’t block and the oline even with 8 bodies can barely get a push. How many blockers did Nebraska have on the run that lost 12 yards? 7?

Get Coleman, Lloyd and Turner in the game and use the speed somehow. Run some quick screens, reverses, slants. You have to do something to get those guys in space and loosen up the D. The current guy don’t scare anyone.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
His old O-Line sucks too. And he doesn't have Trey Palmer to throw to this year. Their offense generated 185 yards of total offense total and only touchdown was an interception return. We can pine for Thompson since we are dealing with Sims, but reality is whichever QB that started for us this year wouldn't have been worth a damn and we'd still be bitching about his performance costing us games. Sims or Thompson is a lose/lose proposition.
Yes. I was being sarcastic full well knowing our OL blows

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I think a lot of people are forgetting he wasn't Rhule’s first choice for his current job structure either - we had Jake Peetz lined up to probably be QB coach here before he had a change of heart.

So Sims and Satt not meshing well might partly be because it's a different arrangement than they were initially going to be in.
Honestly, I had totally forgotten about Peetz. I wonder if he would’ve gotten a Co-OC title or, as QB coach, if he would’ve had some more say in who we brought in at QB from the portal.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I'd imagine so, wasn't he slated to be QB/ pass game coordinator?
The article I found said “QB coach and another undetermined role” or something along those lines. That would make me think Co-OC/PGC.

I’ll be curious to see if Rhule makes a run at him again after this season. With Wager gone, if Rhule doesn’t see Martin as the long-term guy at TE, Satt could be moved to Co-OC/RGC/TEs (he coached TEs at Baylor previously) and Peetz Co-OC/QBs/PGC. Not a likely scenario, but who knows?

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds