Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Something I’m legit concerned about with Rhule (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
2AM had 20 in 2021
Maybe it was on a “turnovers per game” basis. I swear I read that stat somewhere.

Regardless, this was really bad advice to take Sims based on a fired coach’s recommendation in Geoff Collins.
It may have been cumulative because he had a ton his freshman year. It's still not close per game. 2022 he had 425 snaps compared to Casey's 612.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Counting fumbles as fumbles (not fumbles lost) 2AM Interceptions + fumbles/snaps

2018 - 20/749
2019 - 18/683
2020 (7 games) - 14/383
2021 - 20/715
2022 (K St) - 6/496

Casey

2022 - 15/612
2021 - 16/598

Sims
2022 - 5/425
2021 - 14/411
2020 - 25/677

fIRe saTT

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
There are turnovers that are forced and are good plays by the defense. Like the Grant fumble, someone came from out of his vision and punched the ball out. Yes Grant could have done more but that fumble was a great play by the defense.

Then there are giveaways. Either just plain unforced drops, like the 2 snaps he dropped, or the snap he called for with the motion man in the way, or the incomplete handoff to Ervin or they are interceptions where the defense was in position to pick it off. Those interceptions weren't great plays, but expected with where the ball was thrown.

Turnovers happen, but unforced giveaways should not. The way Sims has just given the ball away is shocking.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don't like getting dicked by a bunch of fake tough guys that when we hit them they backed down every time. They didn't impose a fucking bit of their will like their dumbfuck coach talked about.

They gave up 8 sacks and 11 TFL

That's 25% of their total plays they were hammered at the LOS. Add in 10 more hurries and thats 30 total plays that their OL was absolutely deep dicked by our DL. That’s not imposing your will.

We ran for 225 yards on the ground. That's a solid day at the office and our rushing attack as it stands is good enough for 4th best in the conference and we are the only one in that bunch that has played 2 P5 teams.

That’s not a team “imposing their will.” That’s a team that got punched in the fucking mouth and could do a fuckin thing about it.

But guess what?

None of it matters when you have a Qb who simply can't help himself but turn the ball over.

The thing that is the hardest part to swallow is he's led all of the P5 in turnovers the past two seasons. So Matt Rhule and Marcus Satterfield knew exactly who he was and they still chose him. I can understand if you take a portal QB because you don't like Thompson. But taking this guy as your QB is unacceptable and it's cost you 2 games now and a top 25 ranking.

Matt Rhule has done an excellent job with this program given the circumstances he’s had to deal with save this decision and it's going to cost us a bowl game.

We are unequivocally better at a lot of things on the football field. But because Jeff Sims is our QB it doesn’t matter.
If Satt would have kept with the run game we would have gone over 300 yds easy. I understand CU was giving us passing looks but F’n A we should have just kept going for 2 or 3 yds and a cloud of dust. On top of that - I don’t recall running QB power or draw until Sims TD - what a waste.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
If Satt would have kept with the run game we would have gone over 300 yds easy. I understand CU was giving us passing looks but F’n A we should have just kept going for 2 or 3 yds and a cloud of dust. On top of that - I don’t recall running QB power or draw until Sims TD - what a waste.

The one RZ we ran with Sims was a great one and a great call as well and he needed to run through one arm tackle and he might be gone.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I agree that they needed to get Sims more involved in the ground attack earlier but they ran the ball 65% of the time Saturday.

I'm not sure when the last time we ran it that much was.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I agree that they needed to get Sims more involved in the ground attack earlier but they ran the ball 65% of the time Saturday.

I'm not sure when the last time we ran it that much was.
Yeah, playcallling wasn't an issue. Before the game I wanted to run more zone read, but I can't complain we moved the ball well. The problem as everyone knows was that Sims put the ball on the ground 4 times, not because of the playcall or the defense, just plain unforced error that turned the ball over or killed the drive.

Should Sims have been replaced? I don't know and I don't think anyone can say definitively.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t recall running QB power or draw until Sims TD - what a waste.
I was really expecting a lot more QB run plays in general. Don't get it. Surprised it was 10 carries. Seemed like less. How many designed runs of that 10?

PFF shows 1 scramble. 2 sacks and 8 designed runs.

Last edited:

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was really expecting a lot more QB run plays in general. Don't get it. Surprised it was 10 carries. Seemed like less. How many designed runs of that 10?

PFF shows 1 scramble. 2 sacks and 8 designed runs.
I think they're worried about getting him injured. That was the only thing I was thinking at the time.

It's either that or they felt like CU was scheming against that QB run. Which is possible.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds