Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

So there's one spot left... (2 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
What is your preference?

Busch as ST coordinator (or another STC) and the offensive side shifts around to cover RBs

or

Brown coach RBs (or another RB Coach) and someone coaches a position and coordinates special teams

or

Someone from the defense moves on and Chinander coaches a position along with DC and they hire a RB coach and a STC

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Option 3 makes the most sense.
Probably. I actually lean towards a version of #1. Frost and Whipple could both coach RBs. RBs are alone for about 15 minutes a practice. The question would be what room are they in for film? With Frost? With Whipple? With the OL? I wouldn't do O line just because Raiola has the most work to do and the least experience.

Of course who's to say this isn't already decided and there's a defensive coach that's moving on. God please don't let it be Fisher.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Probably. I actually lean towards a version of #1. Frost and Whipple could both coach RBs. RBs are alone for about 15 minutes a practice. The question would be what room are they in for film? With Frost? With Whipple? With the OL? I wouldn't do O line just because Raiola has the most work to do and the least experience.

Of course who's to say this isn't already decided and there's a defensive coach that's moving on. God please don't let it be Fisher.
If Frost wants to coach RB and then hire Busch as ST/RC then I think that would work fine. Isn't RB the easiest group to coach?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I suppose a lot will tell us who is pulled off the road. Brown or Busch.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
What I think will initially happen is Busch gets the STC spot and Beckton shifts to coach RBs.

What I am speculating is that a guy like Fisher moves on and Busch slides in to coach DBs and we hire Ron Brown to coach RBs and Beckton goes back to TEs.
This is where my money would be.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Wait, I thought we would be okay since we still haven't named replacements for Mario and Ryan Held. I thought the ST coach would replace the QB coach. If I'm missing something, I'll kindly drink bleach.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Wait, I thought we would be okay since we still haven't named replacements for Mario and Ryan Held. I thought the ST coach would replace the QB coach. If I'm missing something, I'll kindly drink bleach.
So the previous "OC" coach was also the WR coach and they had a separate QB coach. Now the current OC is the QB coach and they have a separate WR coach. So you still haven't replaced Held...but you also haven't named a special teams coordinator (and they may not)

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
So the previous "OC" coach was also the WR coach and they had a separate QB coach. Now the current OC is the QB coach and they have a separate WR coach. So you still haven't replaced Held...but you also haven't named a special teams coordinator (and they may not)
Gotcha, I appreciate it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds