Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

@slattimer going all in on Satterfield today. (1 Viewer)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
fight thumb war GIF by zasetiawan
#slittamoreknows

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
It's hard to defend a lot of what Satterfield did today. I will say though, Rhule is a coach that believes in coaching from the top down. He coaches the coordinators, they coach the position coaches, the position coaches coach the players. He will sit down with Satterfield in the off season and there will be in depth discussions about what went wrong. Maybe Rhule can get Satterfield to improve some of his play calling. Time will tell. I don't think Rhule will move on from him season one, but could be wrong.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Not that I’m defending Satt or anyone else on the staff, but Rhule has exceeded his first year expectations in rebuilding a team. What’s irritating is that we see the progress of how close we were to winning the BIG West and all we needed was a competent QB and a salvageable OL which is now starting to find itself in the run game. Hopefully over the offseason Rhule and Satt figure shit out and we don’t need to rely on the defense as much, but the secondary has issues to fix as well.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was busy and didn’t get to watch today…just listened. So it’s very possible I’m off base, but some of the takes today have been wild to me. I get some of the pissed-offness but all i heard all day long was how shitty our QBs are. The radio didn’t say that obviously, but even just basic stuff when they weren’t actually turning it over. Literally everything is hard for the QB room right now. We can only run basic concepts at best. That’s definitely still on Rhule, BUT…I’m having a tough time going scorched earth on an OC that might very well have the worst QB room in the power 5.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I was busy and didn’t get to watch today…just listened. So it’s very possible I’m off base, but some of the takes today have been wild to me. I get some of the pissed-offness but all i heard all day long was how shitty our QBs are. The radio didn’t say that obviously, but even just basic stuff when they weren’t actually turning it over. Literally everything is hard for the QB room right now. We can only run basic concepts at best. That’s definitely still on Rhule, BUT…I’m having a tough time going scorched earth on an OC that might very well have the worst QB room in the power 5.
if you know the QBs are trash, maybe don't throw so much. all he had to do was take a fucking knee and we have the lead with 3 minutes to go

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
if you know the QBs are trash, maybe don't throw so much. all he had to do was take a fucking knee and we have the lead with 3 minutes to go
And everyone would of also been pissed we took a knee

EDIT: was curious and looked it up. Ran 61 plays on offense. Ran it 40 times, threw it 21 times.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Watch the Cockeye-Rutgers game. Baby Ferentz called a game his players (as limited as ours) could execute, and dominated a decent Rutgers team.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
And everyone would of also been pissed we took a knee

EDIT: was curious and looked it up. Ran 61 plays on offense. Ran it 40 times, threw it 21 times.
I was being facetious with the kneel down, but you have to run the fucking ball in that situation. When your defense has only allowed 10 points you play safe and get a lead.

Instead the offense shits the bed again and the defense is deflated as they watch yet another great game they played end in a loss

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was being facetious with the kneel down, but you have to run the fucking ball in that situation. When your defense has only allowed 10 points you play safe and get a lead.

Instead the offense shits the bed again and the defense is deflated as they watch yet another great game they played end in a loss
I see both sides on that. Pre-snap on the 3rd down i liked the idea of trying to win the game with a throw. But ahh…i was assuming it’d be fairly safe, and well…

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds