Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Sims N (1 Viewer)

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
What does this mean for CT?

At the end of the video(which is the day of the Rhule press conference) he talks his health. He says he has a SLAP tear (superior Labia anterior-posterior) to his right shoulder (throwing shoulder). He discusses not being sure if he is going to have the surgery or not. In either event, his health is going to be a concern moving forward and especially his throwing shoulder.

I say all that to say that whether he stays or he goes there is a need for depth. He could very well not be available for spring and if he is he could very well get injured again. Simms has to like his odds of beating him out for the job or taking it once Casey is injured again.

If that isn’t the case, as was pointed out, their eligibility lines up well with CT having 1 year, Simms having 2, and MH having 3 (if we get all three). I’ll be interested to see how it plays out though.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

At the end of the video(which is the day of the Rhule press conference) he talks his health. He says he has a SLAP tear (superior Labia anterior-posterior) to his right shoulder (throwing shoulder). He discusses not being sure if he is going to have the surgery or not. In either event, his health is going to be a concern moving forward and especially his throwing shoulder.

I say all that to say that whether he stays or he goes there is a need for depth. He could very well not be available for spring and if he is he could very well get injured again. Simms has to like his odds of beating him out for the job or taking it once Casey is injured again.

If that isn’t the case, as was pointed out, their eligibility lines up well with CT having 1 year, Simms having 2, and MH having 3 (if we get all three). I’ll be interested to see how it plays out though.

I thought there was a rumor that CT possibly wanted to be a GA or something. Not sure if he would stick around Nebraska and do that or what the requirements would be to become a GA.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member

Let me preface this by saying I’m not an orthopedic surgeon, but quick research looks like physical therapy can be successful in managing SLAP. Which is good because it also looks like recovery from surgery can be 6-12 months. That said, a study on pro baseball players showed that only 40% were able to return to playing without surgery. I will defer to anyone with expertise in this but that seems like a good reason to take 2 QBs if you can get ‘em.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

welcome !! I’m gonn need a few napkins after this weekends crootin news!

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Let me preface this by saying I’m not an orthopedic surgeon, but quick research looks like physical therapy can be successful in managing SLAP. Which is good because it also looks like recovery from surgery can be 6-12 months. That said, a study on pro baseball players showed that only 40% were able to return to playing without surgery. I will defer to anyone with expertise in this but that seems like a good reason to take 2 QBs if you can get ‘em.
I can clear this up:

Surgery and no playing after = Pussy

Surgery and Play within 3 months after = not pussy

No surgery but plays = huge dick

No surgery no play = you guessed it, pussy

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Is it possible we’re going to be running a QB run based offense? CT gone - Purdy and Smothers stay. That’d put us pretty damn deep with run first QBs.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Is it possible we’re going to be running a QB run based offense? CT gone - Purdy and Smothers stay. That’d put us pretty damn deep with run first QBs.
I'm pretty sure BP is run only... I don't think that's a positive....

Edit for Chubba. I'd settle for Brock.

Last edited:

huskersoup

Linebacker
Elite Member
I had surgery on a SLAP tear and I was 100% in probably 5 months and I am not a division 1 athlete

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
My totally probably not gonna happen wishcasting idea is that since Sims is a 3 to play 2 guy that he sits behind Casey this year and sees action only in the last 4 games so as to technically redshirt while learning the offense. Then he'll have two full years as starter while Dylan Raiola learns the offense.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds