Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

September Recruiting Thread

#Processed. We flip Merritt, add Christian Jones and we're full at LB. I can't speak to Michael Brown's capabilities as a receiver, only his 3* rating. Higher boys on the list RN.

These are my opinions, based on nothing more than the published list of other attendees, and there's a good chance I'm (metaphorically) huffing paint with these prognostications.

Edited to add: My lips are flat green from huffing the meta paint as @vailhusker pointed out that these guys are '26 'croots. I think I'll stick to .gifs from here on out ...

Last edited:
#Processed. We flip Merritt, add Christian Jones and we're full at LB. I can't speak to Michael Brown's capabilities as a receiver, only his 3* rating. Higher boys on the list RN.

These are my opinions, based on nothing more than the published list of other attendees, and there's a good chance I'm (metaphorically) huffing paint with these prognostications.
They're '26 recruits so we have plenty of time. Unless I missed it I didn't even know Campbell was visiting.

Venables seems like a coach that will lose recruits over pride.
I'm sure that's part of it, but I think they could be just trying to pin him down too.

Before he committed to OU his recruitment was kind of all over the place. It was I think Florida, then it looked like Miami, then Clemson with a couple crystal balls, then all of a sudden it was OU with visits to several other places in between.

Even if he visits and flips I probably wouldn't consider him a "solid" commit until he actually signs.

I'm sure that's part of it, but I think they could be just trying to pin him down too.

Before he committed to OU his recruitment was kind of all over the place. It was I think Florida, then it looked like Miami, then Clemson with a couple crystal balls, then all of a sudden it was OU with visits to several other places in between.

Even if he visits and flips I probably wouldn't consider a "solid" commit until he actually signs.
That’s fair. But Venables has threatened a few guys with “if you visit you don’t have an offer” since getting the OU job. He’s old school.

Atleast once it seems
Lost his offer to visit Illinois LMFAOOOOO
The article also mentions they did the same to a 4star that visited Oregon. Both of them ended up going where they visited. You know what that means if we see Mills in Lincoln this weekend 👀

anyone have?

What's more important kid? Social media attention or our school? Old school verse the new generation and I can't wait to see how it plays out. If it's Okie's rules then I guess good for them. I would of loved to been a fly on the wall though when he was told to sit home or else for the first time.

What's more important kid? Social media attention or our school? Old school verse the new generation and I can't wait to see how it plays out. If it's Okie's rules then I guess good for them. I would of loved to been a fly on the wall though when he was told to sit home or else for the first time.
So what does the article say? He still coming or not?

So what does the article say? He still coming or not?
It's always difficult trying to take a visit to a school when committed somewhere else.

That's the situation with Cortez Mills, a Top247 wide receiver committed to Oklahoma, but who's name has been mentioned as a visitor for Nebraska's game against Colorado on Saturday night.

It has been reported Oklahoma has a strict no-visit policy elsewhere for its commits and Mills would obviously be in violation if he appears at Nebraska.

So something or someone has to give, right?

Maybe not.

247Sports national recruiting analyst Tom Loy reconfirmed Mills plans to visit Lincoln this weekend with a source close to Mills on Thursday.

The reported OU visit policy likely was never going to impact Mills, who told 247Sports at the time of his commitment to Oklahoma he planned to take visits elsewhere during the season. The public nature of the visit being reported earlier this week likely increased OU's efforts to keep Mills from going.

Nebraska is going to get one of those visits and the Huskers could make this recruitment interesting down the stretch.

The Huskers are far from a new suitor for Mills or his family, who would be making their third trip to Lincoln since the new year started, as the receiver came in for a junior day visit, came back for an official visit during the Red-White game and is now slated to be in Lincoln on Saturday night.

Mills has been intrigued by the Huskers since his former high school coach, Philip Simpson (now with Florida State) was hired by Nebraska when Matt Rhule took over following the 2022 season.

The Huskers are embarking on a massive visit weekend, with several key targets expected to be on campus, for what is likely one of the biggest home games of the year. Mills simply adds to the list and is expected to be down on the sidelines Saturday evening for warmups ahead of the game.

Lost his offer to visit Illinois LMFAOOOOO
The article also mentions they did the same to a 4star that visited Oregon. Both of them ended up going where they visited. You know what that means if we see Mills in Lincoln this weekend 👀
Even if I didn't have a no visit policy, I'd pull a kids offer for that

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back