Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sad member news (RIP BBTownBomber/Elizabeth Reed) (2 Viewers)

Kinish

Cornerback
Hi everyone I really don't like writing this, but I found out this morning board member Elizabeth Reed passed away last night. It was very unexpected and as of right now I don't know anything else.

For those that don't know he was also BBtown Bomber in Rivals and Tater Island. He was a great dude and one of the biggest Husker fans I knew.
Wtf. Nooooooo

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Always appreciated an Elizabeth Reed post or thread. All you lucky bastards that knew him and those of us that are unfortunate enough to not know him, pour a little out this weekend for the Bomber huh?!? Rest in Peace Sir...know that your friends and fellow tPBers have the watch and will continue the fight against tyranny and injustice in the battle for truth, justice, and the Husker way!! maybe...

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Always appreciated an Elizabeth Reed post or thread. All you lucky bastards that knew him and those of us that are unfortunate enough to not know him, pour a little out this weekend for the Bomber huh?!? Rest in Peace Sir...know that your friends and fellow tPBers have the watch and will continue the fight against tyranny and injustice in the battle for truth, justice, and the Husker way!! maybe...

I was always shocked at just how many message board people Denny knew. If you weren't fortunate enough to know him, I would bet every dime I have to my name that if you would have wanted to he would have met you for a drink and you would have talked like you had been friends for decades.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Holy shit.

Prayers for his family and friends.

He was such a fun guy to read his messages.

Damn, now I definitely regret missing out on him coming to town last time.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Uh what? He and I had our mothers in hospice at roughly the same time....so we've been chatting.

Last night while on the patio having a beer, I was thinking I should text to ask about his mom.

Not sure what to think right now. I'm stunned and sad.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Absolutely. I’d like to try to make it out to Scottsbluff for the service if it’s open to the public too, please let us know if you hear anything @Fitzjess21
I will try to keep you updated. I think there's a lot if unknown as to what happened and I don't know if the family will do an autopsy. I just got some details about what happened and I will try to share it later.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Damn.

I met up with him a few years ago at state wrestling. He gave me a couple jars of @Fitzjess21 barbecue sauce!
We talked about grabbing beers again, but never did. :(

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
IM4NUALWAYS isn't on this board is he?
If not, he reported on HOL that Bomber just never woke up this morning. Sounds like he went peacefully. Probably dreaming of a Husker Natty, or at least a second-tier blow game.

His final post, shown earlier ITT, was him teasingly saying he couldn't wait to see Dean's prediction in the 3-2-1 this morning. He never got to see it.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
If not, he reported on HOL that Bomber just never woke up this morning. Sounds like he went peacefully. Probably dreaming of a Husker Natty, or at least a second-tier blow game.

His final post, shown earlier ITT, was him teasingly saying he couldn't wait to see Dean's prediction in the 3-2-1 this morning. He never got to see it.

We always knew Dean’s work was bad. I just never thought it was capable of killing someone.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We always knew Dean’s work was bad. I just never thought it was capable of killing someone.
this was the prediction FWIW

ONE PROJECTION: Huskers will close out Michael Burt

Cockeye made the first offer to Omaha Pickle Smoochers Prep tight end Michael Burt, but the Huskers will get their chance at him this weekend when he takes his official visit.

The Burt family is a very big name in Lincoln. His father was a standout multi-sport athlete at Lincoln Pius, as were many of his aunts, uncles and cousins. He grew up a Husker fan. This is a battle Rhule and the Big Red should win.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

My wife asked me this question as well, so glad to hear it sounds peaceful.

Does anyone know how his mom is doing? We were chatting over Memorial Day and she was still in hospice. Hits closer to home when you've met someone in person recently.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds