Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Sad news regarding Big Tone Soprano (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. It wouldn’t even be close.
Not saying you're wrong, but let the debate begin.

I think common sense would say that professionals would win. At the same time, they're the cast-a-ways, and would put together staff/players for one game. Whereas Georgia would be a team that's played together all season. I'd pay to see it.

How about cobbling players of All-American FCS status, against a middle of the road P5 team?

doublewing

Running Back
I thought this was a Nebyank situation when it said "sad news."

I was going to come in and give condolences that I wasn't sincere about.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Not saying you're wrong, but let the debate begin.

I think common sense would say that professionals would win. At the same time, they're the cast-a-ways, and would put together staff/players for one game. Whereas Georgia would be a team that's played together all season. I'd pay to see it.

How about cobbling players of All-American FCS status, against a middle of the road P5 team?
For argument sake, you take all of georgias top 50 players, And then you take a xfl team.

Every single player on that xfl team is a pro football player of at worst being capable of being on an nfl roster bench or practice squad.
Where in that top 50 of georgias team there are maybe 15 players capable of playing pro football as a whole.
The offensive and defensive lines difference alone would be shocking to most.

For perspective, Aj Maccaron or whatever the fuck his name is killed it in college.

He looked like absolute ass in his first xfl game until the last 8 mins of that game.

I can go do more research this weekend.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Martinez is so gross looking. Would not shock me if his mother and father were brother and sister and fucked on top of a running microwave before his mother drank heavily during pregnancy.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
For argument sake, you take all of georgias top 50 players, And then you take a xfl team.

Every single player on that xfl team is a pro football player of at worst being capable of being on an nfl roster bench or practice squad.
Where in that top 50 of georgias team there are maybe 15 players capable of playing pro football as a whole.
The offensive and defensive lines difference alone would be shocking to most.

For perspective, Aj Maccaron or whatever the fuck his name is killed it in college.

He looked like absolute ass in his first xfl game until the last 8 mins of that game.

I can go do more research this weekend.
Georgia has multiple 1st round picks, so it's not unrealistic to say of the top 10 players in that game, Georgia has most of them

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Georgia has multiple 1st round picks, so it's not unrealistic to say of the top 10 players in that game, Georgia has most of them
Very true. But the xfl is littered with all conference players or the best “dude” on their respective college team.

K. Ballage was a 4/5 year nfl pro that played snaps. He was just good this weekend and that’s it.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
There's this too.

Again, if you're throwing a bunch of XFL/USFL players together for one game, I think Georgia could make it interesting. Adding to that is Georgia will have been practicing and presumably even played a game or games. That alone could create a competitive atmosphere. We'll never know, but it'd be an interesting experiment.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve never understood the criticism of Nelson. He was second team all big ten last year.

Might not be an NFL guy but if you listen to Nebraska fans you would think he was horrible or something

The thing that bothered me is he would do his Kenny powers dance when making a tackle after giving up 5 yards on 3rd and 4.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds