Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RSS Retread: Question about Matt Davison's role (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Maybe people will be able to speak more freely here, I don't know. Just curious if anyone has any actual details:

Davison rightfully got a lot of headlines when Frost came back because he facilitated a lot of the early communication and ended up being named Associate Athletic Director of Football for his efforts. Does anybody know what his day to day role is in the organization/decision making process of the program? I'm not trying to drag up any dirt, I'm just genuinely curious if he's closely involved or it's like a ceremonial glad-handing role.

I don't really have any beef with him in general if it's just a cushy job title like that, I know they exist in every program. But IF that's the case it might be a good idea to get someone legit in a similar overseer type position now that we're having so much trouble getting this thing off the ground. Giving Frost the entire set of keys to the kingdom seems to have gone way off course at some level and having an actual seasoned pro in a position like that could help.

In that scenario I wouldn't care if Davison kept his position but we could use some kind of checks and balances in addition to whatever he does, something to help the organization run a lot more smoothly. I don't know exactly what it would look like, just kinda spitballin. It feels from the outside like there isn't much oversight, like everybody assumed Frost would rebuild the entire organization top to bottom as long as they got out of his way, and that clearly hasn't happened. Instead a lot of the stuff he spouted at the beginning about how rotten the program was when he got here looks downright crazy because he and his hand-picked crew haven't been able to improve any of it. So it makes me wonder if having some stronger links up the chain could help.

We know Frost was granted a level of control that very few coaches get, especially in their third year of being a head coach. The guy has been crushed under the weight unfortunately. Could some more higher ups help out with that overwhelming management stuff in some way? Who knows.

People brought up Marc Boehm, who I think oversaw the basketball program in a similar position, all the time when we were struggling. I get that Frost has much more control and responsibility than any bball coach, but I'm still curious if Davison is expected to have any organizational/management responsibility the way Boehm was.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
tenor.gif

To be clear I have no idea about any of that post opee. Glad I could help.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
https://huskers.com/staff-directory/matt-davison/478

His description on Huskers.com is interesting. Day to day operations and oversees a project that we all know he doesn't reeeeally have much say in.

A blue blood's Associate AD's previous track record is medical sales....I mean. I don't think you can discount his playing career, that wouldn't be fair, but come on.

I looked at some of the other support staff as well. I don't know it has a lot to do with wins and losses, but it isn't interesting how the entire football coaching and support staff basically got a big promotion. You don't see much saying things like, "Anderson comes to Nebraska from the University of Texas". It's more like "Anderson comes here from Portland State". Probably looking into it to much, but I find it interesting.

Last edited:

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
https://huskers.com/staff-directory/matt-davison/478

His description on Huskers.com is interesting. Day to day operations and oversees a project that we all know he doesn't reeeeally have much say in.

A blue blood's Associate AD's previous track record is medical sales....I mean. I don't think you can discount his playing career, that wouldn't be fair, but come on.

I looked at some of the other support staff as well. I don't know it has a lot to do with wins and losses, but it isn't interesting how basically the entire football coaching and support staff basically got a big promotion. You don't see much saying things like, "Anderson comes to Nebraska from the University of Texas". It's more like "Anderson comes here from Portland State". Probably looking into it to much, but I find it interesting.

Yeah I have absolutely no inside info but in hindsight it seems like this massive "rebuild absolutely everything from the ground up" project should have had an experienced behind the scenes administration pro involved from the beginning. I remember the name Tim Cassidy being brought up all the time in the past, no idea where he's at nowadays but somebody like that who's been around the block and knows that side of things inside and out.

Curious Geovanny

Bench Warmer
Insider
@Curious Geovanny I know you don't like to divulge much but you said on RSS "Lets just say it good to be "One Catch" Matty." Do you have anything to add to that?
Matty is harmless. I call him the entertainment director. He may have a comment but his involvement in our Program is harmless. We arent losing because of Matty .

GBR

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds