Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RSS Live Chat Chat 12/1 (2 Viewers)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I asked just to see if Deab would budge a little. Probably shoulda known better...

Does anyone buy that Mills is hurt? Suppose he could be, but I have a hard time believing that. I've been told he is sitting out the year now by a friend that gets good info. However, he said he wasn't entirely sure.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Seemed like a pretty benign chat this week. Lots of variations of the same questions. Tons of vague responses and basically no real insight. There is definitely some apathy setting in, even seemingly from Deab, although he does his damnedest to cover his in sugar.

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I thought the best part of the chat was that Deab said Nate wasn’t going to be answering questions and then right away Nate pops up.
And proceeded to drop some of the vaguest, most mealy-mouthed Clouse answers one could ever hope for. I just didn't feel like getting into the aggressive space, but I was very close to responding to one of his about how he expected the class to close with something like, "Do you really have so little information on everything going on that you have to resort to this?"

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I asked just to see if Deab would budge a little. Probably shoulda known better...

Does anyone buy that Mills is hurt? Suppose he could be, but I have a hard time believing that. I've been told he is sitting out the year now by a friend that gets good info. However, he said he wasn't entirely sure.
Now that I could see. Sit out the year this year still have a year (2?) to play and not have the mileage ran up. As opposed to thinking he's going to enter the draft after sitting out this year.

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Does anyone else come away from these things nowadays with an almost burning desire to punch Deab in the mouth? His indefatigable defense of basically everything North Stadium does just wears on me more and more with each passing week of bungling. More than ever, he comes across as a propagandist, and I just have no patience for it anymore.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Does anyone else come away from these things nowadays with an almost burning desire to punch Deab in the mouth? His indefatigable defense of basically everything North Stadium does just wears on me more and more with each passing week of bungling. More than ever, he comes across as a propagandist, and I just have no patience for it anymore.
I certainly think he comes across that way, but I don’t desire to punch him, as I think that would only confuse him more. He would take far greater offense to a point-by-point breakdown of how he is pretty worthless as a “journalist”.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Its funny their excuse for not asking the coaches tougher questions is that they require greater access so they don’t want to burn any bridges but hell they don’t get shit for access anyway. We can find out more from Twitter.

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I certainly think he comes across that way, but I don’t desire to punch him, as I think that would only confuse him more. He would take far greater offense to a point-by-point breakdown of how he is pretty worthless as a “journalist”.
I'm probably pretty steamed, because he sent me some DMs just before Thanksgiving in response to the posts I was making in the long Gerrod Lambrecht thread. Basically doing his sad sack act of "What did I say that was wrong? Hasn't the site been good? We can't really do much more!" I decide that, hell, it's the holidays, and he's probably had a rough time this year. I write back some lengthy messages trying to be as conciliatory as I can--saying I'm sure they're trying their best, they have reputations and jobs to consider, it's easier for us posters to push for more aggressiveness, etc. I admit that I've probably let my frustration over the shit state of the team boil over into some posts that are more on the personal side, or at least harsher-than-normal professional criticism. I say I'll try to cut back on that. Wish him and his the best for Thanksgiving.

After all that, only written because he reached out and whined, I get crickets. And now I'm reading his Baghdad Bob act yet again. Just not a fun complement to the way this season has gone.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
I'm probably pretty steamed, because he sent me some DMs just before Thanksgiving in response to the posts I was making in the long Gerrod Lambrecht thread. Basically doing his sad sack act of "What did I say that was wrong? Hasn't the site been good? We can't really do much more!" I decide that, hell, it's the holidays, and he's probably had a rough time this year. I write back some lengthy messages trying to be as conciliatory as I can--saying I'm sure they're trying their best, they have reputations and jobs to consider, it's easier for us posters to push for more aggressiveness, etc. I admit that I've probably let my frustration over the shit state of the team boil over into some posts that are more on the personal side, or at least harsher-than-normal professional criticism. I say I'll try to cut back on that. Wish him and his the best for Thanksgiving.

After all that, only written because he reached out and whined, I get crickets. And now I'm reading his Baghdad Bob act yet again. Just not a fun complement to the way this season has gone.
It’s not like the site hasn’t been ripe with ideas for them to improve things. The members are PAYING customers. Either open your eyes and ears to them, or risk losing them. I don’t feel bad for him, the quality of content has absolutely deteriorated along the same trajectory as the football team, while Deab and staff have been living high on the hog off all the memberships they got with Frost’s arrival.

major edit: in a time when the vast majority of us have had to rethink the way we operate to provide for ourselves and families, he hasn’t. This year has been a pretty unique opportunity for HOL to reflect on their current product, and find ways to innovate, but instead, all we got was a month of multiple, useless chats per week.
apathy will definitely impact some level of membership eventually, and bringing a new product or offering into the mix can help curb that.
I have no idea how much Deab makes, but it must be plenty given his general lack of concern in that department.

Last edited:

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
How much do we think Deab makes? I was thinking he gets a Salary from Yahoo/Rivals then gets commission based off monthly/year memberships, but I have no idea what that would translate too. $80k? $200k? $500k?

Do we flood RSS and demand his tax returns since we support his lively hood?

Last edited:

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Different thread but Sean also told the Purdue writer that Luke looks like Christian running the football. Honestly one of the more ridiculous things he’s said in awhile, which is really saying something
No fucking way....he really said that....lol. He's such a fucking boob.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

The same type of thinking eventually got me banished. I couldn't take Deab mailing it in and wasting time delivering content I felt was useless....so I ridiculed him....after I mentioned in some DMs back and forth prior to my frustrations....nothing changed, so I continued to ridicule his ridiculous. He took it as spiteful...and pow...bamboozled over pie and salsa.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Now that I could see. Sit out the year this year still have a year (2?) to play and not have the mileage ran up. As opposed to thinking he's going to enter the draft after sitting out this year.
I can't help but think he will transfer, probably in the process of sending out feelers right now. Won't announce unless he has someplace concrete.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I'm probably pretty steamed, because he sent me some DMs just before Thanksgiving in response to the posts I was making in the long Gerrod Lambrecht thread.
How in the hell is that thread still going? I have no desire to go and check it out on my own bc I’ve learned that if an RSS thread goes past 4 pages it’s almost always just posters throwing shit at each other.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds