Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RSS and their short memory (1 Viewer)

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Nope. I'm guessing they're probably less prevalent as older generations age and the younger ones converse about this sort of thing more over the internet, but I imagine there's still plenty of Husker chatter from fans at coffee shops across the great state. There's probably varying levels of sophistication to it, just like on the internet. That's more my point: Plenty of us posters on these boards are just technologically more advanced versions of those guys: goobers who have no idea what they're talking about going on anyway with sound and fury.

My home-town coffee shop groups don't talk football anymore, as far as I can tell. They're too worried about becoming Venezuela after the election.

That, and they do mostly nothing outside of the coffee shop but watch fox news and read their facebook and FW: FW: FW: emails.

It's too bad there was not a way to teach "digital literacy" back before it became so important.

Last edited:

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was thinking about this the other day.

Honestly, the HOL staff’s minds change with the wind as well. They talked up Rutledge like it was no big deal using an analyst, now they’ve had an epiphany and you NEED a designated ST coach.

It’s some goofy shit over there

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I have to agree with OP about the taters on RSS always complaining about the need for or against a ST coach. If I remember correctly, Bo made major improvements his last year with ST and that helped us beat Cockeye. Then Riley brought in Bruce Read with his inflated salary and ST were a mess again, but still not this bad. With Frost letting go the ST analyst, Scott is either using him as a scapegoat for his failure to listen to him, or he just sucked that bad, especially when Scott lost 2 or 3 games due to poor special teams play. At the end of the day, it's up to Frosty to determine how much time to spend on ST. Then again, his offense is still a mess after 3 seasons.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
never underestimate the power of group think on rrs.
That’s what I notice more over there. Feels like it’s more prevalent now, but that could just be me. Once it’s starts it’s like a wildfire, just giiiit the F outta the way! Logic need not apply! It’s pretty incredible.

Last edited:

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Whether Nebraska needs a guy that only coaches special teams or not, I don’t know the answer.
But man is RSS’ sure has a short memory. Wasn’t that long ago that they were up in arms about hiring Bruce Read as a STC and every fricken day we had a topic about how much he was paid

I will say while this is a valid point, the NCAA started allowing 1 more FT coach in 2018...so there is really no reason out of 10 Full time assistants to not have at least one dedicated to special teams. JMO.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds