Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RSS and their short memory (2 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Whether Nebraska needs a guy that only coaches special teams or not, I don’t know the answer.
But man is RSS’ sure has a short memory. Wasn’t that long ago that they were up in arms about hiring Bruce Read as a STC and every fricken day we had a topic about how much he was paid

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It helps to think of most Husker fans who peruse internet message boards like RSS as contemporary versions of the old crusters that @HuskerDocCo and @jw3 parody when talking about meeting at 5:30 am in small-town Nebraska coffee shops to talk this over. Even some of the younger, slicker guys are basically that when it comes to football knowledge. It's why I try to refrain from getting much into nuts and bolts of scheme. I know I'm out of my depth and don't want to show my ass.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whether Nebraska needs a guy that only coaches special teams or not, I don’t know the answer.
But man is RSS’ sure has a short memory. Wasn’t that long ago that they were up in arms about hiring Bruce Read as a STC and every fricken day we had a topic about how much he was paid
RSS sucks shriveled balls.

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Agreed. Nearly impossible to find a decent convo and thread...
@TraditionCoalition probably has a few up right now..

tv show smile GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would say normally you wouldn’t need a dedicated special teams coach, but apparently no one on this staff can figure out special teams, so it might be a smart move to bring in someone.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
To add to what @Bootleg11 is saying here, I’m old enough to remember when Nebraska needed a full time QB coach and needed to hammer the juco market.
The program would literally burn if mouth-breathers on RSS had any say.
It's weird how there are all kinds of recruiting strategies and staff configurations that can be successful, but whatever one we're on always isn't "the way"

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
It helps to think of most Husker fans who peruse internet message boards like RSS as contemporary versions of the old crusters that @HuskerDocCo and @jw3 parody when talking about meeting at 5:30 am in small-town Nebraska coffee shops to talk this over. Even some of the younger, slicker guys are basically that when it comes to football knowledge. It's why I try to refrain from getting much into nuts and bolts of scheme. I know I'm out of my depth and don't want to show my ass.

Are you saying the coffee shop meetings didn't happen?

Johannes de Silentio

Offensive Lineman
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are you saying the coffee shop meetings didn't happen?
Nope. I'm guessing they're probably less prevalent as older generations age and the younger ones converse about this sort of thing more over the internet, but I imagine there's still plenty of Husker chatter from fans at coffee shops across the great state. There's probably varying levels of sophistication to it, just like on the internet. That's more my point: Plenty of us posters on these boards are just technologically more advanced versions of those guys: goobers who have no idea what they're talking about going on anyway with sound and fury.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
To add to what @Bootleg11 is saying here, I’m old enough to remember when Nebraska needed a full time QB coach and needed to hammer the juco market.
The program would literally burn if mouth-breathers on RSS had any say.
In every basketball thread, there is a poster pining for the old days of having two clodhopper post players. We got that a lot out here when we switched to a 5-out offense at the high school level. The general public is full of morons who don't have the self-awareness to realize that they are the dumb one in the group. Their knowledge of the game, whether it's football or basketball, stems entirely from when they came off the bench for their small-town sports team 30 years ago.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds