Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Roster speculation (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
With Rhule saying that they awarded John Bullock and Nate Boerkircher scholarships I have our schollie numbers at 90. My numbers are unofficial and just from information I've gathered from different outlets and sources. I don't remove a guy until he officially enters the portal or there is some sort of media announcement about them leaving the team. We need to be at 85.......buuuuuut..... since they are awarding scholarships to walk-ons that means that at some point they were at least at 83. So after adding them to my list it means there are possibly 5 guys on my list who have moved on via the retirement option.

Who are the possibilities?

Rumors about Tamon Lynum and Seth Malcom have been out there. But that still leaves 3 more to leave.

Candidate #1: Nick Heinrich. My reasoning is that he has been more injured than healthy while at Nebraska. Maybe he is ready to be done. Does anybody know his graduation status?

Candidate #2: Luke Reimer. I don't feel great about this prediction because he seems like he could make an NFL roster with another good year, but he has been here a long time and possibly ready to move on in life.

Candidate #3: Arik Gilbert won't be eligible. It sounds crazy but maybe he never plays for Nebraska while waiting for a waiver. Maybe he'd just work out and go straight to the NFL.

Bonus Candidate #4: Myles Farmer. Another guy that has been here a long time and has possibly been jumped on the depth chart. Maybe he's just moving on in life.

Anybody have other thoughts? I think it will be from the older guys who could have graduated already. (Granted I don't kniw who that actually is) It's really all I can think of. But it must have already happened if they we in a position to give scholarships to Bullock and Boerkircher.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
snodgrass, malcom lynum Bleekrode= Retirees

People I can see on NIL, Fleek kemp, ortiz,

rhule actually said we are in a spot to add a few portals if he wanted.
agree - 5 is simply the minimum. It sounded like it could well be a couple more.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
snodgrass, malcom lynum Bleekrode= Retirees

People I can see on NIL, Fleek kemp, ortiz,

rhule actually said we are in a spot to add a few portals if he wanted.
I agree with those 4 retirees but when it comes to NIL paying for a players scholarship like Fleek, wouldn't he get upset that they have money to spend on him but it goes towards his scholarship instead. I feel like he would rather have the cash when he should already get the scholarship. I just think that could cause issues. I can see it for a walk-on though.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I've been a little amiss on Huskers news lately , but has it been confirmed that Gilbert won't be eligible or is that just speculation at this point ?

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I agree with those 4 retirees but when it comes to NIL paying for a players scholarship like Fleek, wouldn't he get upset that they have money to spend on him but it goes towards his scholarship instead. I feel like he would rather have the cash when he should already get the scholarship. I just think that could cause issues. I can see it for a walk-on though.
I think guys with covid years such as fleek and kemp understand the behind the scenes game. Fleek is close with rhule and co so I could see a potential of a grad assistant in the making. and it not like the school is spending money on him with NIL.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I've been a little amiss on Huskers news lately , but has it been confirmed that Gilbert won't be eligible or is that just speculation at this point ?
Rhule went on to say the other day they are hopeful. But rn they are including him in scholly numbers

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
IMO, it could be some or most of the following players:

Garrett Snodgrass
Nick Henrich (due to injuries + graduated)
Randolph Kpai
The 2 Hausmanns (Cooper & Ashton)
Mickey Pauley
Koby Bretz
Javin Wright (health issues, injuries)
Tamon Lynum
Seth Malcolm
Chase Androff
Kaine Williams
Blaise Gunnerson
Ru'Quan Buckley

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Garrett Snodgrass
Randolph Kpai
Mickey Pauley
Koby Bretz
Tamon Lynum
Seth Malcolm
Chase Androff
Kaine Williams
Blaise Gunnerson
Ru'Quan Buckley
walk-ons won't count so the Hausmans a Mikey wouldn't affect anything

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I kinda work in compliance, its pretty hard to get that second waiver but I've seen people get it for less. And I can bet Georgia is helping him get the waiver. he seemed to have a lot of mental heath issues that they were trying to help with.
since these are new rules that just came out in January, is there a real track record as yet? I mean, they have to have details about his diagnosis, a doctor's care plan, lay out why this can be done at Nebraska and not Georgia, etc,

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Garrett Snodgrass
Randolph Kpai
Mickey Pauley
Koby Bretz
Tamon Lynum
Seth Malcolm
Chase Androff
Kaine Williams
Blaise Gunnerson
Ru'Quan Buckley
Paisley is already gone iirc

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
since these are new rules that just came out in January, is there a real track record as yet? I mean, they have to have details about his diagnosis, a doctor's care plan, lay out why this can be done at Nebraska and not Georgia, etc,
one reason: Nebraska has a bigger/better sports psychology department with one of the best in the business running it.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
With Rhule saying that they awarded John Bullock and Nate Boerkircher scholarships I have our schollie numbers at 90. My numbers are unofficial and just from information I've gathered from different outlets and sources. I don't remove a guy until he officially enters the portal or there is some sort of media announcement about them leaving the team. We need to be at 85.......buuuuuut..... since they are awarding scholarships to walk-ons that means that at some point they were at least at 83. So after adding them to my list it means there are possibly 5 guys on my list who have moved on via the retirement option.

Who are the possibilities?

Rumors about Tamon Lynum and Seth Malcom have been out there. But that still leaves 3 more to leave.

Candidate #1: Nick Heinrich. My reasoning is that he has been more injured than healthy while at Nebraska. Maybe he is ready to be done. Does anybody know his graduation status?

Candidate #2: Luke Reimer. I don't feel great about this prediction because he seems like he could make an NFL roster with another good year, but he has been here a long time and possibly ready to move on in life.

Candidate #3: Arik Gilbert won't be eligible. It sounds crazy but maybe he never plays for Nebraska while waiting for a waiver. Maybe he'd just work out and go straight to the NFL.

Bonus Candidate #4: Myles Farmer. Another guy that has been here a long time and has possibly been jumped on the depth chart. Maybe he's just moving on in life.

Anybody have other thoughts? I think it will be from the older guys who could have graduated already. (Granted I don't kniw who that actually is) It's really all I can think of. But it must have already happened if they we in a position to give scholarships to Bullock and Boerkircher.
⚡️⚡️⚡️ you gat dam sumbitch up and at em at 8am. Flash, That’s late for you. !!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds