Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CFB roster limits incoming

To those of you with daughters, get them into rifle, rowing, women's lacrosse, whatever obscure sport you can think of cause that's gonna be free college ever if they're as athletic as @Jim14510
If they're as athletic as me they will certainly get a full ride somewhere. That's very unlikely though. Not very many full rides for the average girl.

To those of you with daughters, get them into rifle, rowing, women's lacrosse, whatever obscure sport you can think of cause that's gonna be free college ever if they're as athletic as @Jim14510
My daughter was a hs volleyball player, and was recruited aggressively by Cockeye for their rowing team. Per the coach, they wanted tall, strong, athletic frames and could teach them how to row.

She said she’d rather work her way through college than go to Cockeye. I essentially told her she was an idiot, given she was a pre-pharmacy major leaving hs. Free college to a school with an adjacent medical school sounded like a win to this Dad brain.

She opted to play college volleyball at Chadron State College instead, then on to UNMC where they made a radiation therapist out of her.

With the revenue sharing and additional scholarships, I think it's more likely that schools drop sports than add new ones. When you add 20 million in revenue sharing, cost of 60 more scholarships, I see poor revenue producing men's sport getting cut.

ADs aren't going to cut football or basketball as they generate all the money. Basaeball or Hockey are the next best revenue generators dependent on the school, even though they still lose a bit of money. Women's basketball is the biggest money loser, but cutting it would be very unpopular with the press. I'm just not seeing additions to the budget, more likely to start cutting teams, could be both men's and women's teams cut at schools not in the B1G or SEC. All these changes are really going to put a financial hurt on most schools.

With the revenue sharing and additional scholarships, I think it's more likely that schools drop sports than add new ones. When you add 20 million in revenue sharing, cost of 60 more scholarships, I see poor revenue producing men's sport getting cut.

ADs aren't going to cut football or basketball as they generate all the money. Basaeball or Hockey are the next best revenue generators dependent on the school, even though they still lose a bit of money. Women's basketball is the biggest money loser, but cutting it would be very unpopular with the press. I'm just not seeing additions to the budget, more likely to start cutting teams, could be both men's and women's teams cut at schools not in the B1G or SEC. All these changes are really going to put a financial hurt on most schools.
Here I am trying to uplift all the dudes on the board who have to play dick goalie the rest of their lives, but you just want to make sure they're miserable!

With the new 105 roster limits, schools like UNK, the Dakotas, and others are going to benefit from the local and developmental guys we won't be able to take.

Hopefully we can find a school or two to work with and place some potential recruits there and see how they develop.

Or as a FU to Turd we could restart UNO football and put the local and developmental guys there and use it as our JV/Feeder program. ☠️

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back