Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Riola Frost fallout before season (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think someone said they had some philosophical differences which is weird because Frost hired Uncle Donny. You wouldn't think the worst coach in Nebraska history would have paid so little attention to a minor detail like fundamentally different beliefs about effective offensive line play

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think someone said they had some philosophical differences which is weird because Frost hired Uncle Donny. You wouldn't think the worst coach in Nebraska history would have paid so little attention to a minor detail like fundamentally different beliefs about effective offensive line play
Are we sure Frost didn't get shit faced and think he was hiring Dominic?

Ghost of Devaney

Linebacker
Elite Member
Anyone know the scoop on this? We know about the drinking before meeting up with the #1qb. Is there more?

I can’t remember exactly what he said but in a press conference preseason Scott made some comment insinuating that he was in charge of the oline. i remember it because the next day on Sharp and Benning Sharp said something like “soooo, is Raiola talking to Frost yet” Benning said it might take a while.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The conflict that might have existed with Frost and Raiola and Whipple highlights how deliriously fucking stupid it was to hire Whipple.

Even after this season, I don't think Whipple is a garbage OC in a vacuum. But why in the world would you hire a guy who is that old, with that much experience in his own system, with the intention of creating on the fly some sort of Frankenstein amalgamation of his offense and Frost's without anybody ever really being able to define what that was going to look like, and then having Frost looking over his shoulder and giving interviews where he whines about having to give up the play calling, probably all while on his 4th strawberry marg.

What could've possibly gone wrong?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oddly enough, it does make me feel better.
Big Hero GIF

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
I probably wouldn’t have been enamored with Frost if I was Raiola, either..
Your family roasts a pig underground all day and makes a bunch of poi for Frost to come enjoy, and he goes and gets drunk at some shitty Mexican joint and never shows..

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
So I take it frost was the one in charge of the oline while they were throwing up and not a rational coach that knows to not push players that hard?

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
So I take it frost was the one in charge of the oline while they were throwing up and not a rational coach that knows to not push players that hard?

That whole puking thing was bullshit. I don't recall anyone puking and if they did it wasn't noticeable.

Another bullshit story was Frost coaching OL. Not once was he ever in their position group during their indy work, team, etc. Meetings I don't know about.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds