Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Riola Frost fallout before season (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Very weird. Isn't that the reason he fired Austin? Then before the season starts he finds out he dosen't agree with the philosophy of the guy he hired as Austin's replacement either? Seems like that would be something you'd cover in the job interview.
I have no idea. I thought the people who said he hired Donny to try to land Dylan were nuts, but maybe Frost is that dumb

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I have no idea. I thought the people who said he hired Donny to try to land Dylan were nuts, but maybe Frost is that dumb
I never bought the Dylan angle either. Frost know this was a make or break year, and knew OL was a make or break position. No way he puts all that on the line in 2022 for a guy that won't be signing a LOI until 2024. Frost knew he could be long gone by then, which obviously turned out to be the case. And if he really thought Dylan was worth that kind of risk, you'd think he'd show up at the family barbecue.

Last edited:

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Channel 5 Yes GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Do you think it's because they will lose access if they are critical? College head football coaches are pretty much dictators in their small college town bubbles.
Maybe. But the OWH was pretty critical of Bo during his time here - I get that Bo was an asshole but Frost sucked so one could assume there was a hometown boy bias going on.

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
I thought Pieper got better as the year went on. The unit still wasn't obviously good. You could also see noticeable changes in their sets after Frost was canned.
This^^^^

Something that no one cares to acknowledge about this season is the absolutely elementary run schemes that Whipple used. It's tough to run the ball with their schematics in the B1G. It's impossible to know whether Raiola is a good football coach or not based on what we saw on the field last season. Billy C could have been coaching that group with those schemes and I'm not sure it would have looked that much different.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Very weird. Isn't that the reason he fired Austin? Then before the season starts he finds out he dosen't agree with the philosophy of the guy he hired as Austin's replacement either? Seems like that would be something you'd cover in the job interview.
Is there any question that Frost was in over his head all the way to the bottom of the ocean? In no way was he ready for the pressure. Of course it never occurred to any but a small minority that the win/loss ratio would be what it was after year two. That added to the pressure and Frost cracked like cheap glass. I feel for him because it took way less time for the Big Ten to adjust to his offense than he thought.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds