Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Riola Frost fallout before season (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
That whole puking thing was bullshit. I don't recall anyone puking and if they did it wasn't noticeable.

Another bullshit story was Frost coaching OL. Not once was he ever in their position group during their indy work, team, etc. Meetings I don't know about.
Idk man. Do I need to explain to you how rumors work?

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
That whole puking thing was bullshit. I don't recall anyone puking and if they did it wasn't noticeable.

Another bullshit story was Frost coaching OL. Not once was he ever in their position group during their indy work, team, etc. Meetings I don't know about.
Exactly. Why Frost chose to portray it like that was one of the oddest things I've seen a coach say trying to illustrate the guys are working hard or making some comparison from how they were working to how they are now.

Hardknocks1

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’m not saying these assistants aren’t good, I just have more faith in Matt Rhule. As much as we want to say Frosts staff was JV, it’s hard to be a quality assistant or look like a quality assistant if the man in charge has as many problems as it is rumored Frost did. You can’t overcome that from the man in charge. I’ll give Rhule the benefit of the doubt.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
On twitter? Can you post here?
It's on the Husker247 podcast. But to summarize....how do you sit at the podium and say it starts up front and then retain the worst assistant coach who didn't make a single o linemen better last year.

Now, FWIW I don't think that's completely fair. Hixson did get better and you can't blame Raiola for having to put Turner Corcoran at LT, Nouili for being bad a cheating etc etc.

But he also wasn't completely off base in saying this is a tough sell to the Husker fan base.

The other thing that was surprising on that podcast is the talk about the old staff and how bad they were instate. One coach didn't even know a high school existed in Omaha that has had multiple d1 kids including one that was in that coach's position room. Why don't they tell some of this before the coach's all get canned?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
It's on the Husker247 podcast. But to summarize....how do you sit at the podium and say it starts up front and then retain the worst assistant coach who didn't make a single o linemen better last year.

Now, FWIW I don't think that's completely fair. Hixson did get better and you can't blame Raiola for having to put Turner Corcoran at LT, Nouili for being bad a cheating etc etc.

But he also wasn't completely off base in saying this is a tough sell to the Husker fan base.

The other thing that was surprising on that podcast is the talk about the old staff and how bad they were instate. One coach didn't even know a high school existed in Omaha that has had multiple d1 kids including one that was in that coach's position room. Why don't they tell some of this before the coach's all get canned?
Not only did they not tell stuff like that, they actively censored stuff perceived as 'anti-Frost' on the 247 board while catering to the Frost-loving mongos with sunshine and rainbows

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Not only did they not tell stuff like that, they actively censored stuff perceived as 'anti-Frost' on the 247 board while catering to the Frost-loving mongos with sunshine and rainbows
Do you think it's because they will lose access if they are critical? College head football coaches are pretty much dictators in their small college town bubbles.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Do you think it's because they will lose access if they are critical? College head football coaches are pretty much dictators in their small college town bubbles.

I am not sure? He is being critical now of the Rhule hires. Frost was beyond reproach with basically every "media" member. Although Frost was a little bitch and blames everyone else for everything so Frost probably would have banned their access.

They probably know Rhule is a true professional and will not be a petty little bitch like Frost.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Exactly. Why Frost chose to portray it like that was one of the oddest things I've seen a coach say trying to illustrate the guys are working hard or making some comparison from how they were working to how they are now.
I think he got that confused with his previous nights bender and puking in an alley with his buddies.
Frost: “Donnie hold my hand while I puke”
Stranger: “who the fuck is Donnie”
Frost: “our Oline is gonna be so good. Look at all this vomit. “
cat face GIF

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I am not sure? He is being critical now of the Rhule hires. Frost was beyond reproach with basically every "media" member. Although Frost was a little bitch and blames everyone else for everything so Frost probably would have banned their access.

They probably know Rhule is a true professional and will not be a petty little bitch like Frost.
There is pretty clearly a different set of rules for covering non-Nebraska HC’s.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

I thought Pieper got better as the year went on. The unit still wasn't obviously good. You could also see noticeable changes in their sets after Frost was canned.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
When it comes to football, I take what Schaefer says with a grain of salt. They got really isn’tan Xs and Os guy at all, let alone an authority on offensive line play. Often the opposite of what he says usually comes to fruition, so this is great news for the o-line.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
When it comes to football, I take what Schaefer says with a grain of salt. They got really isn’tan Xs and Os guy at all, let alone an authority on offensive line play. Often the opposite of what he says usually comes to fruition, so this is great news for the o-line.
I assume most media members know very little about football schematics and techniques. There are a few exceptions.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
This is why I don’t fault football coaches when they get pissed at stupid questions from reporters.
I like when they go full on, I'll show you why you're stupid mode and go in great explicit detail so they know "Oh fuck, I don't know what I'm talking about."

Pretty sure Jalen Hurts did that recently. It was great.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Grain of salt is good but what I like about Schaefer is he readily admits his basic knowledge on OL scheme and (based on what I’ve seen) eats his crow when served.

Very rarely do you get the Deab “things are fluid, we didn’t know yada yada yada” from Schaef.

I think his criticisms are valid. How many free rushers did we see, poor technique, inability to pickup even the most basic of pass rushes.

But Rhule obviously sees something with Donny, I’m interested to know what it was.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I think someone said they had some philosophical differences which is weird because Frost hired Uncle Donny. You wouldn't think the worst coach in Nebraska history would have paid so little attention to a minor detail like fundamentally different beliefs about effective offensive line play
Very weird. Isn't that the reason he fired Austin? Then before the season starts he finds out he dosen't agree with the philosophy of the guy he hired as Austin's replacement either? Seems like that would be something you'd cover in the job interview.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds