Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Rhule and Mickey (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s the heart of this team & a phenomenal recruiter. Rhule not keeping him would be a major red flag
Why a red flag? New coaches should be able to select the staff they think will give us the best chance to win. What if his choice of OC is also a WR Coach? What if he has a different philosophy than what Rhule wants? Hoping we are done with outside people telling the AD's or Coaches what they want them to do. Let that coach hire the coaches he think are the best. I hope Mickey falls into that category but if he doesn't it is not a Red Flag to me.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why a red flag? New coaches should be able to select the staff they think will give us the best chance to win. What if his choice of OC is also a WR Coach? What if he has a different philosophy than what Rhule wants? Hoping we are done with outside people telling the AD's or Coaches what they want them to do. Let that coach hire the coaches he think are the best. I hope Mickey falls into that category but if he doesn't it is not a Red Flag to me.
If Rhule can get an upgrade at receiver coach it’s fine, but I have my doubts.

Dear_Leader

Defensive Lineman
I was told last week by one of my sources when he informed me it was Rhule is that MJ was staying on as associate head coach and recruiting coordinator. We will know soon either way.
I heard the opposite. Rhule came down to two things.. Carolina’s idea of market value and 100% picking his coaches. And MJ wasn’t one of them. That was Piss in the donor’s cheerios.

deltau46

Linebacker
Insider
Pick'Em Champion
I heard the opposite. Rhule came down to two things.. Carolina’s idea of market value and 100% picking his coaches. And MJ wasn’t one of them. That was Piss in the donor’s cheerios.
This was last week so things can and likely did change. Probably for the best, because the first sign of trouble and people will be clamoring for MJ.

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
well bye GIF

B Sams

Defensive Lineman
Not sure on which side. Just received a text about 15 minutes before the game that someone close to Mickey (not gonna disclose for obvious reasons) knew it was rhule and that Mickey won’t be coming back.

Well see. I also know Mickey really wanted the job. Badly
Of course he did, and hes great. But he's nowhere near ready for this level as a HC. If he's truly introspective, he will know and understand and he will make the transition positive.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds