Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Restructured Contract - Nice (2 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Hopefully helps open the checkbook for a great OC & OL coach

Call me crazy, but if I just laid 8.5 million dollars down on the table I wouldn’t be hiring an up and coming running backs coach who’d never been an OC before but could be okay.

Frost has to win and he’s gotta do it now. Portal additions and top dollar assistants have to be what you’re after.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's probably the most responsible financial move a Nebraska athletic director has made in the last 20 years.
This. It was not reasonable to expect Turd to make a $20 million decision after just a few months on the job when Frost still has a very large group in his corner. Sets up for this to be Scott's last chance and a much, much easier break if it fails next year.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
This. It was not reasonable to expect Turd to make a $20 million decision after just a few months on the job when Frost still has a very large group in his corner. Sets up for this to be Scott's last chance and a much, much easier break if it fails next year.
I don't know that the motivation of bringing Frost's salary down was to set him up to be fired more easily than it was a "market correction" based on his performance to date

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don't know that the motivation of bringing Frost's salary down was to set him up to be fired more easily than it was a "market correction" based on his performance to date

Frost has the dumbest agent in the world if they agreed to lower his salary and buyout so that the school could fire him easier.

Clearly a market correction and I think the powers that be want Frost so badly to figure it out, but it’s time to have bets hedged. Which was accomplished with this deal.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost has the dumbest agent in the world if they agreed to lower his salary and buyout so that the school could fire him easier.

Clearly a market correction and I think the powers that be want Frost so badly to figure it out, but it’s time to have bets hedged. Which was accomplished with this deal.
I hate being a "reading the tea leaves" guy, but I think there was enough financial support to fire him because you don't take that kind of haircut on pay for no reason, but maybe there wasn't enough to fire him + make a hire they'd be really excited about making.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds