Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Kiewit awarded construction contract for Memorial Stadium renovation (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Kiewit winning is bad for NIL. This will finish at $900m
I'm not an expert in this industry, but I'd think some kind of cost caps/guarantees about Kiewit eating most/all of any overages would be worked into the deal to win a contract this size.

Our church had stuff like that built into the winning bid from a GC on a project that I believe was around 5-6 million.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
I'm not an expert in this industry, but I'd think some kind of cost caps/guarantees about Kiewit eating most/all of any overages would be worked into the deal to win a contract this size.

Our church had stuff like that built into the winning bid from a GC on a project that I believe was around 5-6 million.

I know, I was mostly kidding. I'm actually a big fan of Kiewit

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
We knew about this back in August, I think @HuskerGarrett posted something about it in an EPP.

My wife works for Kiewit. They, along with every other construction company, have baked in incentives for early completion, under budget, etc...I'm sure the job will be done on time if not earlier and at or around the price quoted...at least that's what the public will see.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I have heard from someone at kiewit a while back that the lounge may be called the kiewit lounge or something similar. Which may be why they’ll eat some of the cost. He’s on the financial side of kiewit so I’ll see if he knows anything clearer about that.
Also know someone who signed a NDA for design of the stadium. I’ll try to pry from them!

ISUforNU

Cornerback
Elite Member
We knew about this back in August, I think @HuskerGarrett posted something about it in an EPP.

My wife works for Kiewit. They, along with every other construction company, have baked in incentives for early completion, under budget, etc...I'm sure the job will be done on time if not earlier and at or around the price quoted...at least that's what the public will see.
Not a chance.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Renovating 100 year old stadiums isn’t a job for the low bidder low on experience
No way in hell was Hausmann getting that bid
It was known all along the engineering leader in Nebraska would get this bid
I’d honestly be afraid if they didn’t due to structural safety needing done to a 100 year old structure

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds