Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Report on Dean's currently Dean-Free Board that Frost is golfing all the time

Turd could have pulled the trigger getting rid of Frost. But was basically told Frost's booster buddies would bail on the program. Hard to piss off the boosters when you need their money to complete the expansion of the athletic facilities. If the Pied's had pulled their $$$$$$ we would have lost a large chunk of coin needed for the renovation and we were already struggling with funding. When the Pied's and other boosters are close friends with Davison and Frost then Turd had to make some concessions when they approached him. You could see how pissed Turd was in the press conferences. Hopefully they give him the green light this year if Frost continues to put a poorly coached team on the field. I refuse to make excuses or accept 3 years let alone 4 years then maybe 5 years of record futility for our football program.
I get that Turd’s balls were clipped. He did the best he could, but if Turd has to lead Frost, Frost isn’t the guy for the job. Anytime the AD has to push a head coach to do things it doesn’t end well.

I get that Turd’s balls were clipped. He did the best he could, but if Turd has to lead Frost, Frost isn’t the guy for the job. Anytime the AD has to push a head coach to do things it doesn’t end well.
agree 1000%. Being a competitive person is one thing but being a winner is another. Winners find a way to win, Losers make excuses. Seems like the last 4 years all we have been doing is seeing our loyal fanbase divided over excuses. From the things I have heard I really feel bad for what Turd has stepped into. Not an easy situation when you are trying to do the right thing but people behind the scenes are fighting you on needed moves for ulterior motives.

agree 1000%. Being a competitive person is one thing but being a winner is another. Winners find a way to win, Losers make excuses. Seems like the last 4 years all we have been doing is seeing our loyal fanbase divided over excuses. From the things I have heard I really feel bad for what Turd has stepped into. Not an easy situation when you are trying to do the right thing but people behind the scenes are fighting you on needed moves for ulterior motives.
I hope Frost either makes a legit move for the better with 8 plus wins this year or has a losing record so it’s an easy decision. I’m fearful we end up with 6-7 wins when in reality that isn’t progress, and it’s a sold as progress.

Turd could have pulled the trigger getting rid of Frost. But was basically told Frost's booster buddies would bail on the program. Hard to piss off the boosters when you need their money to complete the expansion of the athletic facilities. If the Pied's had pulled their $$$$$$ we would have lost a large chunk of coin needed for the renovation and we were already struggling with funding. When the Pied's and other boosters are close friends with Davison and Frost then Turd had to make some concessions when they approached him. You could see how pissed Turd was in the press conferences. Hopefully they give him the green light this year if Frost continues to put a poorly coached team on the field. I refuse to make excuses or accept 3 years let alone 4 years then maybe 5 years of record futility for our football program.
*Peed…otherwise spot on 😉

want me to get in the middle fred? I can cause a ruckus!! BEEELLLCHHH

I hope Frost either makes a legit move for the better with 8 plus wins this year or has a losing record so it’s an easy decision. I’m fearful we end up with 6-7 wins when in reality that isn’t progress, and it’s a sold as progress.
Totally agree. Based on our last 20 years I obviously assume we'll go 6-6, make a shitty bowl game, lose the bowl to finish 6-7, and somehow that is seen as enough progress to continue in purgatory because "everyone can see we're finally turning this thing around, and I don't think people know just how bad things were when we got here"

giphy.gif

Totally agree. Based on our last 20 years I obviously assume we'll go 6-6, make a shitty bowl game, lose the bowl to finish 6-7, and somehow that is seen as enough progress to continue in purgatory because "everyone can see we're finally turning this thing around, and I don't think people know just how bad things were when we got here"

giphy.gif
Anything over 4 wins is exceeding my expectations, not saying much. I guess you could say its progress, but it still sucks.

giphy.gif
My worst fear.

giphy.gif
I can hear Sipple saying some shit like this on the radio in January and I'm about to break my keyboard

giphy.gif
I think that is the worst nightmare of most open minded objective Husker fans. 6 is just enough wins for the TC's to declare progress so they can fight to save their underperforming overpaid former star QB. I hope we turn it around and finally look like a well coached team under Frost. 8 wins for me is the absolute minimum but we need to look like a well coached team with good in-game management. Honestly with such an easy schedule there is little excuse for not winning at least 9 games and should be able to do that with even fair coaching.

I can hear Sipple saying some shit like this on the radio in January and I'm about to break my keyboard

Oh yeah I can see it now.

Frost in last postgame press conference of the season: "People can say what they wanna say. I know there's been a lot of talk. If you ask anybody in the locker room, they all believe we're on the right track. Everyone can see we're finally turning this thing around. And I don't think people know just how bad things were when we got here. I never like to talk about the past but we went into this knowing it would be a long process, based on certain things we weren't aware of that happened in the past, which I hate talking about."

Sipple on the radio Monday morning: "Gosh... I dunno. Ya gotta give the guy credit... his back was against the wall and he came out swingin... Stick with Scott? I dunno... He doubled his win total from 2021 that's sayin somethin, right? Ya take 3 times 2... well that's 6, and that's what he got. Now Damon, you're a smarter guy than me what do you think?"

Dean on DeanSS: "I think we all know where this is going, and in fact some of us have known for over a month now. Frost has earned a contract extenson. Some in the fanbase won't like it, but what other options is there? The fishbowl here can be rediculous. I've even experienced some of it myself 😆. Plus, can you imagine the reactino of other fanbases and potental coaching hires if Terv and UNL part ways with a coachw ho just doubled his win total from the prevoius season? Nebraska has to rely on contonuity more than any other school, and making a move like this would turn them into a laughingstock around the country. The new staff has just started to gel and anyone who can't see that has unrealistic expectatio nand much more of an loser mentality than the guys who just put in the work to make the first bowl game sence 2016.

Thanks,"

Me on the roof of my house:

giphy.gif

Frost in last postgame press conference of the season: "People can say what they wanna say. I know there's been a lot of talk. If you ask anybody in the locker room, they all believe we're on the right track. Everyone can see we're finally turning this thing around. And I don't think people know just how bad things were when we got here. I never like to talk about the past but we went into this knowing it would be a long process, based on certain things we weren't aware of that happened in the past, which I hate talking about."

Sipple on the radio Monday morning: "Gosh... I dunno. Ya gotta give the guy credit... his back was against the wall and he came out swingin... Stick with Scott? I dunno... He doubled his win total from 2021 that's sayin somethin, right? Ya take 3 times 2... well that's 6, and that's what he got. Now Damon, you're a smarter guy than me what do you think?"

Dean on DeanSS: "I think we all know where this is going, and in fact some of us have known for over a month now. Frost has earned a contract extenson. Some in the fanbase won't like it, but what other options is there? The fishbowl here can be rediculous. I've even experienced some of it myself 😆. Plus, can you imagine the reactino of other fanbases and potental coaching hires if Terv and UNL part ways with a coachw ho just doubled his win total from the prevoius season? Nebraska has to rely on contonuity more than any other school, and making a move like this would turn them into a laughingstock around the country. The new staff has just started to gel and anyone who can't see that has unrealistic expectatio nand much more of an loser mentality than the guys who just put in the work to make the first bowl game sence 2016.

Thanks,"

giphy.gif
Golfing Putt Putt GIF by Rooster Teeth

Thanks,"

giphy.gif
Spot on except the grammar and spelling appears to be above the skill level of Dean's writing.

Thanks,"

giphy.gif
You might be psychic.

Thanks,"

giphy.gif
I heard literally all their voices reading those lol

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back