Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day

No real insight, but I think he's probably just visiting those schools to build relationships in case they turn out some good players in the future.
Rhule seems to be all about building relationships. It's good to get around the state and at least introduce yourselves. Wasn't it Lincoln High that said no one from the Nebraska staff had set foot in their building in like 6 years and that school is practically across the street from UNL.

Last edited:
it's really interesting to see all these offers go out now given that after Sunday we are in the dead period and eNSD is Wednesday. Little time for any other school to react in person - obviously virtually no way to do so if the kid is visiting this weekend

it's really interesting to see all these offers go out now given that after Sunday we are in the dead period and eNSD is Wednesday. Little time for any other school to react in person - obviously virtually no way to do so if the kid is visiting this weekend
I think they are either recruits that are waiting to sign in February or the coaches are trying to get them to hold off until February so they can get them in for a visit.

Last edited:
Saw some poster quacking about Rhule being a demanding boss. These guys are getting paid bank to coach a sport. They should live and breathe this shit.
In my research on Rhule I came across quite a few instances where he mentioned he was quite demanding of his coaches and the work ethic he expected wasn't for every player or coach. He stressed hard work from players and coaches. Said that some coaches wouldn't fit in well with his demands of them which might explain why he hires coaches he has a former working relationship with. They know what they are getting into and aren't afraid of the hard work. Even though our new DC Tony White has never coached with or under Rhule he was a Linebacker at UCLA when Rhule was the Defensive Line Coach at UCLA. White has some idea of what Matt Rhule is all about behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back