Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread 2024

Composite 4 Star

Martin Luther King Jr Mlk GIF by Identity

Composite 4 Star

HuskerLove

Well-known member​

• Today at 5:06 PM
  • Add bookmark
People need to get used to the fact that McGuire is our WR coach and stupid comments about ‘child labor laws’ are really uncalled for.

As much as we want to tell ourselves otherwise, this 23 year old has probably forgotten more about football than 99% of the people on this board have ever known.

Recruits read message boards - how can we ask a 17 year old HS kid to take McGuire seriously when our own fan base can’t? That’s a terrible look and it’s time for people to grow up. McGuire may be 23 but it sounds like he’s more of an adult than a lot of the people on here.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

HuskerLove

Well-known member​

• Today at 5:06 PM
  • Add bookmark

People need to get used to the fact that McGuire is our WR coach and stupid comments about ‘child labor laws’ are really uncalled for.

As much as we want to tell ourselves otherwise, this 23 year old has probably forgotten more about football than 99% of the people on this board have ever known.

Recruits read message boards - how can we ask a 17 year old HS kid to take McGuire seriously when our own fan base can’t? That’s a terrible look and it’s time for people to grow up. McGuire may be 23 but it sounds like he’s more of an adult than a lot of the people on here.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
he would thrive here BELLCCHH

Four-star wide receiver Demitrius Bell sets official visit date to Nebraska​

Sean Callahan about 20 hours ago
On3 image
WR target Demitrius Bell (On3)

Nebraska is not done adding yet. The Huskers will host at least two high school official visitors this weekend.

Nashville McGavock four-star wide receiver Demitrius Bell confirmed to HuskerOnlineon Monday that he will be taking an official visit to Lincoln this weekend.

RELATED – Quick takes on Nebraska’s monster addition of MJ Sherman from transfer portal

The 6-foot, 175-pound Bell received an in-home visit on Monday from NU head coach Matt Rhule, offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield and secondary coach Evan Cooper.

On3 ranks Bell as the 216th-best overall player in the country and the fourth-best player in the state of Tennessee.

The Huskers made a late offer to Bell on Dec. 9. He took an official visit to Michigan State on June 3 and Kentucky on Oct. 7. He has not taken any other visits since then.

Demitrius Bell is one of two visitors this weekend​

Besides Bell, the Huskers will also be hosting Arlington (Texas) Martin tight endIsmael Smith Flores.

It’s unknown how many more spots the Huskers have in the class, as NU has taken 10 transfers and 23 recruits already in its 2023 recruiting class.

Nebraska is also expected to get both wide receivers Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda and Zavier Betts back from the transfer portal, giving them two additional scholarship wide receivers on the roster.

The Big Red has already added four high school wide receiver recruits and two from the transfer portal in Baylor’s Joshua Fleeks and Virginia’s Billy Kemp IV.

The Huskers also added Georgia linebacker MJ Sherman on Monday after his official visit to Lincoln over the weekend.

Winter conditioning at Nebraska begins this week, and classes start on Jan. 23. NU’s players reported back to action on Sunday night.

Omaha Burke athlete Mason Jones accepts Nebraska walk-on offer​

Sean Callahan about 20 hours ago
Mason Jones Omaha Burke
Omaha Burke safety Mason Jones (Photo credit: HuskerOnline)

Nebraska added its fifth known walk-on recruit on Monday. Omaha Burke safety Mason Jones announced that he’ll officially join the Huskers as a walk-on safety.

The 6-foot, 195-pound Jones was offered a walk-on spot by the previous Husker staff, and director of player personnel Omar Hales reconnected with Jones over the last few days.

“I had a walk-on offer before with Coach (Mickey) Joseph and the old coaching staff,” Jones said. “We didn’t really talk a whole lot with this new coaching staff, but I got on a call with Coach Hales, and he said they are still going to honor the walk-on offer.

“He then said they are going to have me on campus real soon to meet them.”

Mason Jones gives Nebraska five walk-on commits​

Besides Nebraska, Jones said he was considering Minnesota State and Sioux Falls at the Division II level.

“Nebraska was always No. 1 for me ever since I got the offer,” Jones said.

Jones projects as a safety at NU but could also play at a slot receiver. He runs 4.58 seconds in the 40-yard dash and has a 36-inch vertical.

Last year he had 57 carries for 191 yards rushing and 20 catches for 196 yards receiving in eight games. Defensively, he had 17 total stops and 3.5 tackles for loss.

“They said they really like me as a safety and at slot receiver,” Jones said. “Coach Hales and Coach (Keith) Williams are the two I’ve had the most contact with.

“They want that walk-on program to grow, and they want to build it back up.”

Jones also carries a 4.13 GPA in the classroom.

“I truly feel that I’m a D-I athlete, but my work in the classroom did help a lot,” Jones said.

Jones joins Elkhorn South running back Cole Ballard, Gretna linebacker Korver Demma, Bellevue West tight end Cayden Echternach and Oakland-Craig offensive lineman Grant Seagren as members of the 2023 Husker walk-on class.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back