Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread 2024

Interesting, wonder why he didn't sign in December then?
I've seen two reports, one from Cockeye 247, one from Rutgers 247, that said Cockeye wanted him to sign but he wanted to wait until February to see who entered the mix.

Rutgers and Texas Tech apparently have. He has an OV this weekend to Rutgers.

He was a basketball player before this year - his senior year was his first year playing football.

He could have a lot of upside.

From Bryan Mongo - says he is visits Rutgers, then us, and is setting up a visit with UW

“Coach Wager called me earlier today and he offered me,” Flores said. “I was excited! I was excited! It’s crazy how the world works. Today was my uncle’s funeral and me and my uncle were real close and we would talk after my games. He would encourage me.

“As I was walking away from the funeral I got a phone call from coach Wager and all I can give that up to is God. I really feel like my uncle sent that down for me. Coach Wager is my guy. He was still talking to me like he was when he was here. We are family. It was a great conversation.”

Check out the film on Flores and you will see a big, 6-foot-5 and 220-pound, target that is an excellent athlete. What’s remarkable about this story is that this was Flores’ first year playing football and didn’t decide to play until a week before football started.

“I only played football this year,” Flores said. “I transferred to Martin from Seguin and I had never played football before. A week before practices started I went out.

Flores has never been timed in the 40-yard dash to his knowledge, but he knows that he can run pretty well. He has been hearing from schools that they see him as a flex tight end which is what he heard from his old high school coach before he took off for Nebraska. They continued to talk about that today with coach Wager from Nebraska.

“I am hearing that I am a flex tight end. Schools see me as a player in that role that they can move all around the field to get me the football. That is what coach Wager is thinking at Nebraska too. This season he was telling me how I could take my game to the next level and we had more of that conversation today.”

Nebraska wasting no time offering the WR/TE from Arlington Martin High School. Thats the school Bob Wager just left to coach at Nebraska. Smith-Flores holds offers from Cockeye, Michigan State and Rutgers among others.

He's an Cockeye legacy and his dad who was inducted into the Cockeye Hall of Fame in 2019. He did take an official visit to Cockeye already during the season too.

UPDATE:

Smith Flores will take an official visit to Nebraska on Jan. 20. He also had this to say about what makes Wager so well-liked by players:

“Coach Wager is a guy who gives everyone a fair shake and he treats everyone like family, it doesn’t matter if you’re a bench warmer on Freshman team or a 5 Star he treats everyone with love.”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back