Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread 2024

Good find by the staff. 2023 WR.

Beau Sparks picks up PWO from hometown school Nebraska​

Bryan Mongo 01/08/23
Beau Sparks picks up PWO from Nebraska
Beau Sparks picks up PWO from Nebraska

Nebraska typically doesn’t go beyond the state border to add players via the walk-on program. It rarely happens with a player from Texas, let alone El Paso, Texas. But Beau Sparks picked up the opportunity from the Huskers last week.

Sparks has some ties back to the state of Nebraska, though. The 6-foot-0 and 170-pound Sparks were born and raised in Lincoln. Getting an offer from his hometown school is unique to him.

“Nebraska coach Omar Hales reached out to me about three weeks ago,” Sparks said. “It meant a lot. I am super blessed and excited for the opportunity. I think that it’s a little more special since it’s my hometown.”

Sparks explains that he attended high school in Lincoln until his sophomore year. His dad got a job in Texas, which took him away from the state of Nebraska.

“I am originally from Lincoln and went to Lincoln Southwest until my sophomore year. My dad got a job in El Paso so I moved a couple of years ago.”

Acutely aware of Blackshirt tradition, White wants his defenses to be known for playing with passion, no matter the score

Things are picking up for Sparks. Besides the PWO from Nebraska, Sparks also recently picked up an offer from a D2 powerhouse. He is also sitting on a few other opportunities.

“I just got an offer from CSU-Pueblo,” Sparks said. “I have an offer from Army and Valparaiso and another walk-on opportunity at New Mexico State. Louisville is still communicating with me too.”

Sparks is looking at taking a visit to Nebraska soon. He says that he is still talking that through with the Nebraska staff to see when he can come back home and see what’s new and get to meet the staff.

“I am looking at taking a trip. Nebraska is talking to me about potential dates and figuring out a time to get back to Lincoln.”

Sparks finished his senior year with 87 receptions for 1,411 yds and 22 touchdowns. He also had four interceptions and 64 tackles on defense from his safety position.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back