Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Real Dean (1 Viewer)

Elkhusker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Man does Dean need Nate back. 247 makes it sound like there could be quite a few recruits here this weekend for official visits and all we have from Mongo is that Emmet Johnson will be here. It seems they literally have no clue there are going to be other official visitors here this weekend or who they are.

From @cobbj on RSS, looks like these are who are visiting according to 247
-Ben Roberts DL (Oregon commit)
-Justin Evans-Jenkins DL/OL
-Emmet Johnson RB
-Seleti Fevaleaki JUCO DL
-DeShon Singleton S JUCO
-Hunter Anthony OT Oakie St
-Timmy Bleekrode K Furman
-Isiah Garcia-Castaneda WR New Mexico
-Tommie Hill CB ASU-remember him? Former Neb recruit
-Kevin Williams OL N. Col (former Omaha North).
Sorry I’m late to the party here - what happened between Nate and HuskerOnline that he was just gone so suddenly? Obviously any attempt on the RSS to talk about it got shut down so I never was able to get any sense of what the hell went down. Strange deal all around.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
Sorry I’m late to the party here - what happened between Nate and HuskerOnline that he was just gone so suddenly? Obviously any attempt on the RSS to talk about it got shut down so I never was able to get any sense of what the hell went down. Strange deal all around.
Nate was caught in an unfortunate incident at G25 with Frost and Davidson. Dean got jealous.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I never really heard what happened either. Just one day Nate was fired. He definitely had not been putting in the effort there that last year or 2. I don't know if something happened between Callahan and him that made him throttle down his work.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Like you and the others I really don't know. Can't even mention his name on RSS.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
He didn’t cancel any visits, just said he has no visits scheduled for this weekend. Also said he’s interested in Ole Miss, not “focusing” on them. I’d guess Ole Miss has other QBs higher on the board than Brennan, so I’m not super concerned about that right now.
I thought I read somewhere that Gabriel would be going to Ole Miss

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

I never really heard what happened either. Just one day Nate was fired. He definitely had not been putting in the effort there that last year or 2. I don't know if something happened between Callahan and him that made him throttle down his work.
This is basically what I heard.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
This is basically what I heard.
And it basically seems like Dean has just packed it in on recruiting news for the most part. The weekend before Early Signing day and he heads off to Ireland to get drunk, take pictures for “content”, and watch a Rugby game. That leaves on Mike and Mongo to try to get any type of recruiting news whatsoever.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
And it basically seems like Dean has just packed it in on recruiting news for the most part. The weekend before Early Signing day and he heads off to Ireland to get drunk, take pictures for “content”, and watch a Rugby game. That leaves on Mike and Mongo to try to get any type of recruiting news whatsoever.
That is a good point. WTH is he thinking there

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I noticed what seemed to be a changing of the Guards the last few years. Dean seemed to rely on Nate to do the heavy lifting and then all of the sudden Robin seemed to be getting more and more attention from Dean. It felt like there was a gradual shift in lead Wingman Status from Nate to Robin.

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
TT this morning, Dean said his massive portal QB addition that he's been hinting at was going to be none other than a......drumroll.......Fresno god damn State QB......seriously?

That's pretty god damn depressing if I'm being honest
very telling that Dean ran off to Ireland to promote his travel company stuff right before early signing day, leaving Mongo to deal with it all by himself (Matya is completely MIA).

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
very telling that Dean ran off to Ireland to promote his travel company stuff right before early signing day, leaving Mongo to deal with it all by himself (Matya is completely MIA).
Incredible

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Muns is a one man show over there. Before the Clouse fiasco I thought Mongo was just some scroller who liked helping out.

Dean skipping the country during the first ever NIL portal szn and coaching changes to drink and be merry with his (new boyfriend?) is pretty damn amazing if you think about it.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It’s pretty wild because the site is basically just an overly expensive message board at this point. There’s a head fake here and there towards some facsimile of journalism, but it’s window dressing at best for the right to read posts written by other users.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I have 21 days left there until my subscription expires on RSS. I will however miss tMB and its craziness.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds