Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Potentially partnering with the new tMB (2 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I want to get your collective thoughts on this.

The guys from the Rivals Main Board created their own board over at www.crootn.com

I’ve been talking with the guys that started it about how we could collaborate together. They asked if we would be interested in basically being the “homeboards“. So we would obviously still have everything we currently have but would create some sub forums for other teams fanbases as well. Thoughts? This would definitely make us more active which would be cool, but we wouldn’t be Nebraska specific anymore

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly haven’t checked out the crootn board, is it any good or is it just an all republican version of tMB? As always it’s your sight so do what you think is best. I will say I particular enjoy the group we have here currently
I haven’t checked it out a ton either. Probably good to do a little more intel haha

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
  • What value does partnering with crootn dot com bring to you (as the entrepeneur behind tPB)?
  • What value would they bring your existing members (us), particularly those of us who were formerly elite or 69 members (paying customers)?
  • Would the new entity operate s a pay-for service or as a free service? Because if you're talking about setting up paid, separate homeboards for the other schools then it's got a chance to work. If it's free and open to everyone, it will turn into College Football Soundoff in no time. That's no bueno, IMO.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I could easily just make a separate sub forum for every team and let them moderate and run their own sections themselves. That would probably work pretty well actually, they can moderate their own teams forum.
As folks have said, it's entirely up to you, as this is your deal. I also wasn't a tMB regular ever and very rarely anything beyond occasional reader when news of some particularly terrific thread would reach RSS. It just wasn't my scene. On the other hand, I know there are plenty of guys here who were in the RSS expat thread MLPFC that ran forever over there. They may welcome the notion.

All that being said, my initial reply in this thread was one of the very last things I did before going to bed last night. I then proceeded to have a pretty vivid bad dream that involved you posting a "DM insider info" thread except it was about one of our insiders getting wind that there was very likely to be some kind of horrific national event coming soon with the implication that it might kill a whole bunch of the U.S. population.

Let's call that an omen.

shiv

Bench Warmer
Hey ya'll, I'm the one that started the crootn board. I'm not really a political guy (or a Q guy), but I just like developing technology and care about free speech. Our forum is not a right wing forum, or a Q forum, or anything like that.

I put it there to provide a place for people to go as corporate overreach on censorship grows, that's it. The name is a joke because my "social media" has been the main board for the last 15 years.

I'm not here to make any money off this, and would like to support and help grow your platform in the best way we can. I want to be a collaborator, not a divider.

We are on the same page as shakeweight and the folks on Discord in that we are just trying to provide an environment for an incredible community to continue to laugh at and troll each other, etc.

I am a technical lead by trade and my interests lie in developing a new platform. I know some very smart dudes that are the 4chanman variety that want to get involved as well. Just been working to make sure we keep the community happy and get them what they need in the meantime

shiv

Bench Warmer
It’s kinda cool that it’s our own thing, but if you can make a profit off of it, @HuskerGarrett, then go for it.
Yeah I think I can help you guys make some $$$.

Fortunately for me, this is like a third order operation in life as I already have a very well paying career and a rental prop business on the side that is booming. However, as we get traction I would like to move this work (building a new platform) to my day job

Last edited:

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hey ya'll, I'm the one that started the crootn board. I'm not really a political guy (or a Q guy), but I just like developing technology and care about free speech. Our forum is not a right wing forum, or a Q forum, or anything like that.

I put it there to provide a place for people to go as corporate overreach on censorship grows, that's it. The name is a joke because my "social media" has been the main board for the last 15 years.

I'm not here to make any money off this, and would like to support and help grow your platform in the best way we can. I want to be a collaborator, not a divider.

We are on the same page as shakeweight and the folks on Discord in that we are just trying to provide an environment for an incredible community to continue to laugh at and troll each other, etc.

I am a technical lead by trade and my interests lie in developing a new platform. I know some very smart dudes that are the 4chanman variety that want to get involved as well. Just been working to make sure we keep the community happy and get them what they need in the meantime
Glad to hear that it’s not a political/Q board but what are your moderation policies? I’m truly all for free speech but the last thing I want to see happen here is this place turn into a Parler or 4chan-type of Chaotic Evil alignment.

shiv

Bench Warmer
Glad to hear that it’s not a political/Q board but what are your moderation policies? I’m truly all for free speech but the last thing I want to see happen here is this place turn into a Parler or 4chan-type of Chaotic Evil alignment.
We have two forums over there. One that's basically the main board of the good ole days but you can say fuck (and other words like that) and post NSFW - a bunch of really good non-fringe posters have already got involved.

The other one is SFW and will be moderated to keep obvious trolling off to foster healthy political discourse - it is the "law abiding citizens" board - name in honor of that crew that provided the seed funding for the forum software. However, we do not want that forum to be a safe space / echo chamber. I am an idealist and would love to see this as a place where the two sides could find some common ground - but I think I'm more likely to create the next Facebook than for that to happen lol

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
  • What value does partnering with crootn dot com bring to you (as the entrepeneur behind tPB)?
  • What value would they bring your existing members (us), particularly those of us who were formerly elite or 69 members (paying customers)?
  • Would the new entity operate s a pay-for service or as a free service? Because if you're talking about setting up paid, separate homeboards for the other schools then it's got a chance to work. If it's free and open to everyone, it will turn into College Football Soundoff in no time. That's no bueno, IMO.
gawd damb it I wear my 69 badge with honor

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Meh, I honestly don’t have an opinion one way or the other. Warning if Cockeye fans start coming over here I’m going to make it my mission to shit on them as much as possible. I will make it very uncomfortable for everyone involved

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

What was your tMB handle?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds