Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Post Game Presser (1 Viewer)

OmahaHusler

Bench Warmer
I am not giving up: I am just saying that so far he isn’t really doing any of the things he promised. Did you really leave last night’s game with a feeling that we were well coached?
Do really think the past problems can be fixed by 1 game? You’re better than that. This is gong to take 1 season or more.

If you take the emotion out of it and yes I get the frustration, believe me as I was cussing when Grant fumbled, there are signs of a better coached team than the past. One I thought we were the more physical team overall. Whe last time could say that against Minnesota. The Offensive line despite the series series when we got sacked 2 or 3 times was improving and getting better as game went on. Two our Defense had stretches were they were dominating the game. No obvious breakdowns.

I agree on Offense we need to execute better but plays were there just needed to execute

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Come on now... I mean, our Lord and Savior T.O. never lost winnable games, like Cockeye State in 1993...
Assuming you're talking about 1992. It's not really relevant. We're not a consistent top 25 team that slips up once in a while. That kind of stuff can happen to even great coaches, but it's rare.

Props to the coaches for putting us in position to win. We were so well positioned that we certainly should have won the game. It's just one game but it's rare for great coaches to fumble opportunities like we had here and we certainly did that last night.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Assuming you're talking about 1992. It's not really relevant. We're not a consistent top 25 team that slips up once in a while. That kind of stuff can happen to even great coaches, but it's rare.

Props to the coaches for putting us in position to win. We were so well positioned that we certainly should have won the game. It's just one game but it's rare for great coaches to fumble opportunities like we had here and we certainly did that last night.

So your original premise is that great coaches don't lose games that they should win or have won. Then it's, great coaches can lose those games, but it's rare. You're then alluding to the fact that we've been "sold a bill of goods" and that Rhule isn't a great coach because he lose a game that he had won, despite the fact that this is his first game at NU and he doesn't have a history of losing games that he had won in his career (making it rare that it ocurred).

I just think that a lot of Husker fans need to take a step off of the ledge. It's one game. A game that on paper and to most outside of the state of Nebraska, we were supposed to lose, and lose by a touchdown or more. It might be an exception or it might be the norm, but to extrapolate one game to being the end of Husker football as we know it seems to be an exercise in insanity.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
So your original premise is that great coaches don't lose games that they should win or have won. Then it's, great coaches can lose those games, but it's rare. You're then alluding to the fact that we've been "sold a bill of goods" and that Rhule isn't a great coach because he lose a game that he had won, despite the fact that this is his first game at NU and he doesn't have a history of losing games that he had won in his career (making it rare that it ocurred).

I just think that a lot of Husker fans need to take a step off of the ledge. It's one game. A game that on paper and to most outside of the state of Nebraska, we were supposed to lose, and lose by a touchdown or more. It might be an exception or it might be the norm, but to extrapolate one game to being the end of Husker football as we know it seems to be an exercise in insanity.
Sold a bill of goods wasn't even me...

And what I said was that great coaches just don't lose games that are that winnable. Not that they never lose games that are winnable. I've acknowledged myself that it's just one game. I've said that twice I think. It's still not a great sign.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Did Janiran Bonner play? CBS Sports box score has 1 TE target for Huskers? That’s wild considering how limited our WR room is.

M. Washington suspended for first half? Wasn’t he butting heads with new Staff in the off season? I’ll be shocked if he makes it the entire season.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Did Janiran Bonner play? CBS Sports box score has 1 TE target for Huskers? That’s wild considering how limited our WR room is.

M. Washington suspended for first half? Wasn’t he butting heads with new Staff in the off season? I’ll be shocked if he makes it the entire season.
On Washington, Rhule said the suspension was no big deal, academics related.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

3 snaps

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

The one target was Boekircher.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I seem to remember someone on the staff saying something to the effect of "gimmick plays are for teams who can’t make plays otherwise". Well damn did we find out the offense can't make any plays
That was Rhule quoting paterno. He needs to stop doing that, so cringy to talk about that scum bag.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Spot on. If it were me deciding, I would bench Grant for the CU game and only play Ervin, Rahmir and Emmett. Grant is a turnover machine just like Adrian.

As for Sims, it's too risky to bench him and keep Purdy or Haarberg as they are both untested as QB.

Satterfield better have Sims reduce his interceptions, because at this rate (3 INT per game), he will be the nation's leader in turnovers by season's end.
He's probably the nation's leader right now? He has to be close.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Come on now... I mean, our Lord and Savior T.O. never lost winnable games, like Cockeye State in 1993...
Yeah guys, TO lost winnable games all the time! Deal with it!!

My God the cuck ass mentality has got to stop.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Do really think the past problems can be fixed by 1 game? You’re better than that. This is gong to take 1 season or more.

If you take the emotion out of it and yes I get the frustration, believe me as I was cussing when Grant fumbled, there are signs of a better coached team than the past. One I thought we were the more physical team overall. Whe last time could say that against Minnesota. The Offensive line despite the series series when we got sacked 2 or 3 times was improving and getting better as game went on. Two our Defense had stretches were they were dominating the game. No obvious breakdowns.

I agree on Offense we need to execute better but plays were there just needed to execute
Good coaching is understanding what you have personel wise and acting accordingly… letting Sims sit in the pocket and fuck it all up with 1:00 to go from the 50 yard line is bad fucking coaching. Especially when he’s already throw 2 dumb picks leading up to that point.

Minnesota can say that our only touchdown was on a fluke trick play… if our D played ourstanding then i’d say the Gophers D played outstanding as well! And without their best player!

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Yeah, not overturning that call sucked, but we fucked it up the next play with a false start. Plus the refs were blind all night and not calling holding at all that night as well. Plus it appeared they were letting MNs left OT get away with false starts, but as others pointed out, he might’ve been in timing with the snap of the ball.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds