Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL: Call your shot…is Frost the Head Football Coach at DONU on January 1, 2022? (2 Viewers)

?

• Yes

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 73.3%

• Total voters

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
This will almost need a 30 for 30 of his entire life, the entire 90s ordeal (including hiding from LP) the Boise / Oregon fight, ride to fame at UCF and his failures at Nebraska
Lawrence Phillips at the door.
OGC.72edf3469c3138fec9455533ffe45c85

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

FWIW, I told people I predicted us in the big 10 title game within 3 years, and sniffing a playoff spot in 5, and being in it in 7, then getting that massive 10 year extension after that. God I was so close lol

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
FWIW, I told people I predicted us in the big 10 title game within 3 years, and sniffing a playoff spot in 5, and being in it in 7, then getting that massive 10 year extension after that. God I was so close lol
That’s why you don’t tweet crazy shit. Its much better to say it because people won’t remember.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
That’s why you don’t tweet crazy shit. Its much better to say it because people won’t remember.
Agreed. When I say people I though I mean like 2 close friends who care about football, but aren’t Husker fans. They definitely remind me lol

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I remember telling people after 2018 that even though the defense might never be that good, he'd at least guarantee us a high-scoring offense with good QB play

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I remember telling people after 2018 that even though the defense might never be that good, he'd at least guarantee us a high-scoring offense with good QB play
The Buddy I lost my major bet to, I told him there was no way in 2019 we’d win less than 9 games based on Frost’s year 2 magic. Told him I’d be shocked if we weren’t in a NY6 bowl. I convinced myself while watching the south Alabama game that it was fine and our complete lack of offense was a fluke

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Whoever said Gus Malzahn, I might be on board. I was watching to UCF game last night and he did more coaching in a quarter than I've ever seen Frost do. they were down 21 points and he got his team together and came back. We'll see how the rest of the season goes but he's on the radar for sure. UCF would be so pissed haha

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Whoever said Gus Malzahn, I might be on board. I was watching to UCF game last night and he did more coaching in a quarter than I've ever seen Frost do. they were down 21 points and he got his team together and came back. We'll see how the rest of the season goes but he's on the radar for sure. UCF would be so pissed haha
Gus won't come here. We're going to get a small time school coach or an assistant from a bigger school.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Gus won't come here. We're going to get a small time school coach or an assistant from a bigger school.
I'm telling ya, Coach Ken or Jeff Monken. The change in discipline and accountability would be insane.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Don't get me wrong, I like the academies when they play, but I never thought we should hire those coaches.
The reason Slat wants him to hire a new OC to not run the veer, is exactly why I would like him hired here, to run the Veer lol

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I'd be in favor of Monken, as long as he brought in a top notch OC that didn't run the veer.

Monken is awesome.

Army went 2-10 under him in 2015 and 5-8 in 2019. He's had pretty good seasons overall playing an average schedule. I agree I might be on board with a great OC hire but it's not exactly a homerun hire.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Army went 2-10 under him in 2015 and 5-8 in 2019. He's had pretty good seasons overall playing an average schedule. I agree I might be on board with a great OC hire but it's not exactly a homerun hire.
Let me throw this one ya, Frost as HC, Monken as OC....just spit ballin

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Let me throw this one ya, Frost as HC, Monken as OC....just spit ballin
Doesn't Army still run the flexbone? If so, hard pass. That's like running the option these days. Nice wrinkle maybe but not your whole offense. I like the idea of Monken being a good leader and head coach but if he came in here and tried to run the flexbone I would lose my shit

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Doesn't Army still run the flexbone? If so, hard pass. That's like running the option these days. Nice wrinkle maybe but not your whole offense. I like the idea of Monken being a good leader and head coach but if he came in here and tried to run the flexbone I would lose my shit
Monken is known for their defense in the coaching world. That's why I'd want him. Just bring in an OC that knows what they are doing. Go pay Moorhead a bunch of money.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds