Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL: Call your shot…is Frost the Head Football Coach at DONU on January 1, 2022? (3 Viewers)

?

• Yes

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 73.3%

• Total voters

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Please Clap Jeb Bush GIF by MOODMAN

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Even if Frost manages to get 6 wins, you have to wonder what affect it will have on recruiting and roster attrition

If we get a new coach he can come in and convince some of our better players to stick around and it might energize recruiting for 2023

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
From my buddy who was in the locker room during halftime Saturday, in an effort to fire up the team, Frost told the players if they didn't start winning some games, he wouldn't be their coach much longer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and following that rousing speech, the defense promptly laid down and let Illinois go on an 8 min TD drive to start the 3rd quarter

that speech is straight out of the Tommie Frazier playbook. My friend who played for Tommie at Doane said he once tried to get the team fired up by throwing a chair across the locker room at halftime. the chair bounced off a wall and injured a player so Tommie had to spend the rest of halftime apologizing

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
and following that rousing speech, the defense promptly laid down and let Illinois go on an 8 min TD drive to start the 3rd quarter

that speech is straight out of the Tommie Frazier playbook. My friend who played for Tommie at Doane said he once tried to get the team fired up by throwing a chair across the locker room at halftime. the chair bounced off a wall and injured a player so Tommie had to spend the rest of halftime apologizing
POLL WITHIN A POLL:

Who wins? 2006 Doane vs 2021 Huskers?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
From my buddy who was in the locker room during halftime Saturday, in an effort to fire up the team, Frost told the players if they didn't start winning some games, he wouldn't be their coach much longer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If he said that when he was down 7 to Illinois.... Idk

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm wondering if the buyout is truly insurmountable. Those who say he gets one more year because of it's too high, that's $5 million that's keeping him here another year.

Things to also factor in would be the buyout to pull whatever coach we hire from their current program. And frankly, I hope they go with a guy that already has P5 experience. So a buyout would likely be involved.

Matt Campbell and Luke #2ndChoice both have $4 million buyouts.
Gus Malzahn has a staggering $7 million buyout.
Billy Napier sits at $3 million.

On the other hand, if we could pull off a miracle and convince Chris Petersen to come out of retirement, he'd be a free agent. No buyout attached.

Same with Bill O'Brien at Alabama. I looked at his contract and can't find a buyout for him as an OC. In comparison, Venables' contract at Clemson allows him to jump to a HC gig without a buyout. Only time you'd have to pay the school to poach him would be if you wanted him as a DC.

Those hires would nullify $3-$7 million required to make a change after this season. If Turd could get something locked up behind the scenes with a coach like that, he's suddenly footing a bill that people wanting to give Frost five years are essentially admitting they are ok with.

Last edited:

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I'm wondering if the buyout is truly insurmountable. Those who say he gets one more year because of it's too high, that's $5 million that's keeping him here another year.

Things to also factor in would be the buyout to pull whatever coach we hire from their current program. And frankly, I hope they go with a guy that already has P5 experience. So a buyout would likely be involved.

Matt Campbell and Luke #2ndChoice both have $4 million buyouts.
Gus Malzahn has a staggering $7 million buyout.
Billy Napier sits at $3 million.

On the other hand, if we could pull off a miracle and convince Chris Petersen to come out of retirement, he'd be a free agent. No buyout attached.

Same with Bill O'Brien at Alabama. I looked at his contract and can't find a buyout for him as an OC. In comparison, Venables' contract at Clemson allows him to jump to a HC gig without a buyout. Only time you'd have to pay the school to poach him would be if you wanted him as a DC.

Those hires would nullify $3-$7 million required to make a change after this season. If Turd could get something locked up behind the scenes with a coach like that, he's suddenly footing a bill that people wanting to give Frost five years are essentially admitting they are ok with.

Chris Petersen is working for Fox now as a part of their college football programming.

Turd should give him a call.
Now you’re speaking my language. I’m driving the Chris Petersen to Nebraska bandwagon if anyone wants to hop on!

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
Chris Petersen is working for Fox now as a part of their college football programming.

Turd should give him a call.

Yeah. He's on his way towards the Urban Meyer path to coaching again. Though I guess he would remain at the studio for most of it instead of traveling to the games. Either way, it shows the guy still has some bit of a football itch he wants to scratch. I would be over the moon if Nebraska benefits from that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds