Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Pickle Smoochers's Greg McDermott to Ohio State? (1 Viewer)

Mythosaur

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
You can tell how local media is talking this has real legs.

Some interesting things that are different from last time....
  1. Bruce Rasmussen isn't the AD now.
    1. It sounds like it isn't all rainbows and butterflies with the new AD and Greg.
  2. Ted Carter at Ohio State.
  3. Greg's daughter is out of HS.
Ravi (@Mythosaur) and Damon spent a healthy amount of time on it this morning.
From what i've heard theres real smoke to the Ohio State thing, not just "well they liked him last time around". Number 1 and 3 on your list are enormous reasons Mcdermott stayed last time, so those having changed are a big deal. The president of the university is as much, if not a bigger problem in terms of working relationship with Mcdermott, as the AD is. That's all I know right now

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
From what i've heard theres real smoke to the Ohio State thing, not just "well they liked him last time around". Number 1 and 3 on your list are enormous reasons Mcdermott stayed last time, so those having changed are a big deal. The president of the university is as much, if not a bigger problem in terms of working relationship with Mcdermott, as the AD is. That's all I know right now
I can’t name a single person who has anything good to say about Father Hendrickson

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I could care less about Plantation Greg in the BIG. Anything that will hurt Crayton is what has my attention…that it definitely would.

They’ll always be somewhat of a player with the NIL they have being b-ball centric. Our b-ball team gets scraps from what it’s going to take to be relevant in football again. Relevant as in like a major player in football not some middling team. Which is how we should be operating. Football pays the bills.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
  1. Bruce Rasmussen isn't the AD now.
    1. It sounds like it isn't all rainbows and butterflies with the new AD and Greg
It’s literally at “can’t do this anymore” status.

Also - we all now how this goes right? We make the tourney this year. Fred stays. Then NEXT year we suck terribly again and we miss out on McDermott being desperate to leave his current gig in our own back yard.

Hedley Lamarr

Safety
Insider

Also - we all now how this goes right? We make the tourney this year. Fred stays. Then NEXT year we suck terribly again and we miss out on McDermott being desperate to leave his current gig in our own back yard.
Why would we suck next year? Only lose Allick and Tominaga.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Why would we suck next year? Only lose Allick and Tominaga.
Biggest thing will be keeping Mast and avoid him signing a pro contract in like Lithuania or wherever he can get some cash

Not sure what the NIL ability for him is given he’s from the Netherlands but they’ll need to step up and find a way like they did with Tominaga this year to compete on that front to keep him from going pro

They’ll also need to hit the portal to get 2 bigs (no idea what Keita’s status is), a stretch 4/wing player, and at least one real point guard. The lack of a true PG was a glaring weakness @ NW and @ Maryland, two teams that really get up in you defensively and press the issue

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

@Faux Sean Callahan this was my first question “what happened to can’t do this anymore?”

“The hope is that the AD is getting the hint that he’s not wanted and he’s going elsewhere - and that it happens sooner rather than later”

This is a fluid situation

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
@Faux Sean Callahan this was my first question “what happened to can’t do this anymore?”

“The hope is that the AD is getting the hint that he’s not wanted and he’s going elsewhere - and that it happens sooner rather than later”

This is a fluid situation
Based on what I’ve heard it went from that to the money at Pickle Smoochers stepping up..

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Based on what I’ve heard it went from that to the money at Pickle Smoochers stepping up..
This is just a thought - but if I’m a basketball coach, I’d have a lot of loyalty to a successful Big East program. My favorite conference in basketball because it matters the most at those schools.

As long as the money stays competitive…

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
This is just a thought - but if I’m a basketball coach, I’d have a lot of loyalty to a successful Big East program. My favorite conference in basketball because it matters the most at those schools.

As long as the money stays competitive…
Ya but I would say a school like Ohio state would have a higher ceiling than Pickle Smoochers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds