Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor Pickle Smoochers's Greg McDermott to Ohio State? (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
You can tell how local media is talking this has real legs.

Some interesting things that are different from last time....
  1. Bruce Rasmussen isn't the AD now.
    1. It sounds like it isn't all rainbows and butterflies with the new AD and Greg.
  2. Ted Carter at Ohio State.
  3. Greg's daughter is out of HS.
Ravi (@Mythosaur) and Damon spent a healthy amount of time on it this morning.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
idk how id feel about that. On one hand Pickle Smoochers would like go to shit on the other hand we'd have to see him more often

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Awesome. Pickle Smoochers will probably tank and lose to all those mid Big East teams, costing us a spot in the tourney.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
With potentially Michigan and Indiana jobs opening up too, I think it was strategic to fire during the season to start the process. Same move that Carter and Turd made 2 years ago. Would not be surprised if McDermott went all in and made the move this time. Almost made the move the last time this job opened up. With all that Pickle Smoochers is losing after this year, it’s the right time for McDermott.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
Anything that increases the chances of Pickle Smoochers turning into a flaming pile of rubble is a-ok with me

If they get Devries out of it that would be bad.

I've seen that it won't be Ohio State, but if Arizona State opens up he'd probably take it. Surprising as it is to hear, that's a coveted job for high major coaches.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

I've seen that it won't be Ohio State, but if Arizona State opens up he'd probably take it. Surprising as it is to hear, that's a coveted job for high major coaches.
If Bruce was still the AD, I’d think DeVries would already have something worked out but that’s not the case anymore. Also a huge reason Greg is interested in other jobs.

As for ASU, all Arizona public universities are struggling. Not sure they could pay Greg what it would cost to hire him but that is a place he would like to go.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
You can tell how local media is talking this has real legs.

Some interesting things that are different from last time....
  1. Bruce Rasmussen isn't the AD now.
    1. It sounds like it isn't all rainbows and butterflies with the new AD and Greg.
  2. Ted Carter at Ohio State.
  3. Greg's daughter is out of HS.
Ravi (@Mythosaur) and Damon spent a healthy amount of time on it this morning.
The relationship with Mac and Blossom is clearly not the same as he had with Ras, that said it’s really not bad it’s just your average employee boss relationship. Now his relationship with Father Hendrickson on the other hand…. There is bad blood there

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG

Reaction GIF

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What is the better hoops job, Michigan or Ohio State? Ohio State, most people would say, I assume.

Their histories are almost identical: winning %, FFs, Elite 8s, etc

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
What is the better hoops job, Michigan or Ohio State? Ohio State, most people would say, I assume.

Their histories are almost identical: winning %, FFs, Elite 8s, etc
Probably would come down to what your thoughts were on the leadership at the school. I would probably think Ohio State..

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds