Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (4 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bet that water is cold. Did you catch anything?
No, the lake supposedly holds big trout but water clarity was bad and I had a hard time with depth. The lakes broke up a couple weeks ago so without the damsel and dragonfly hatch they are holding in about 4-8 feet of water.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty cool picture of a trout full of trout fry

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2119.jpeg
    IMG_2119.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 70752865859__07FFE876-0C24-4BDC-B342-83FB2EDEE011.jpeg
    70752865859__07FFE876-0C24-4BDC-B342-83FB2EDEE011.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
71200391908__FB43D237-8BB2-464B-A3E1-09DDEE2C7338.jpeg

Getting geared up for Nebraska elk. Hope to kill one with my bow. Shot about 70 arrows today. This was my last grouping with some muscle fatigue setting in. 2 at 50 yards, 2 at 40 yards, 2 at 30 yards, and 1 at 20 yards. Oddly the one off to the right was at 30 and I felt myself push it.

Hope to be inside of 30 at a bull.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
View attachment 25236

Getting geared up for Nebraska elk. Hope to kill one with my bow. Shot about 70 arrows today. This was my last grouping with some muscle fatigue setting in. 2 at 50 yards, 2 at 40 yards, 2 at 30 yards, and 1 at 20 yards. Oddly the one off to the right was at 30 and I felt myself push it.

Whatcha shootin?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
View attachment 25236

I went out to the "Golden Arrow" archery range a week or so with my son and a buddy of his. They were shooting compound bows; I brought my crossbow. Seeing the disparity in speed between the two arrow delivery mechanisms (fine, a bolt in my case) has validated my decision to go with the crossbow. They both remarked, "Holy shit - that thing's fast".

The only downside: the bolts kept blowing through the archery backstops and stripping the fletchings off of the bolts. Soooo ... I guess I'm going to Scheels and dropping more coin on replacement bolts. I feel like I'm dialed in out to 40 yards with it, and as I'm fond of saying with respect to accuracy, there's "minute of angle" accurate and then there's "minute of deer". I'm there.

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I went out to the "Golden Arrow" archery range a week or so with my son and a buddy of his. They were shooting compound bows; I brought my crossbow. Seeing the disparity in speed between the two arrow delivery mechanisms (fine, a bolt in my case) has validated my decision to go with the crossbow. They both remarked, "Holy shit - that thing's fast".

The only downside: the bolts kept blowing through the archery backstops and stripping the fletchings off of the bolts. Soooo ... I guess I'm going to Scheels and dropping more coin on replacement bolts. I feel like I'm dialed in out to 40 yards with it, and as I'm fond of saying with respect to accuracy, there's "minute of angle" accurate and then there's "minute of deer". I'm there.
I’ve never even seen a crossbow shot live. Would be interesting to see. My buddy that got me into bow hunting would murder me if I switched to crossbow haha

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Opening day of 🦌 season tomorrow. The crossbow is lubed, the bolts are loaded with lethal tips, and the gear has been de-scented and is ready to roll.

Sure hope the Huskers put the Gophers away early. That 2:00 am alarm clock is going to suuuuuuck. BIGLY.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Opening day of 🦌 season tomorrow. The crossbow is lubed, the bolts are loaded with lethal tips, and the gear has been de-scented and is ready to roll.

Sure hope the Huskers put the Gophers away early. That 2:00 am alarm clock is going to suuuuuuck. BIGLY.
Purchased the wife and I’s $390 in permits yesterday….

With that said, if you’re a trophy hunter there is very little reason to hunt unless you have a big boy patterned. Freedom of human intrusion is key! A guy must wait for optimal weather with optimal wind direction before pressuring the property.

Best of luck tomorrow!IMG_8966.pngThis old boy is over 7 years old. Not on a pattern yet and always a late night visitor. Won’t score well but would be a hell of a trophy anyway.

Last edited:

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG

With that said, if you’re a trophy hunter there is very little reason to hunt unless you have a big boy patterned. Freedom of human intrusion is key! A guy must wait for optimal weather with optimal wind direction before pressuring the property.

Best of luck tomorrow!View attachment 26814This old boy is over 7 years old. Not on a pattern yet and always a late night visitor. Won score well but would be a hell of a trophy anyway.
I’m not in search of a trophy buck tomorrow. The day is really about spending some time in the woods with my son.

With that said, if one should cross my path tomorrow … Imma drop it. And make the boy drag it back to the truck. 🤣

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

Best of luck tomorrow!View attachment 26814This old boy is over 7 years old. Not on a pattern yet and always a late night visitor. Won score well but would be a hell of a trophy anyway.

That’d be an awesome deer to take. We’ve got a few solid contenders this year. Hopefully it works out, but season doesn’t start til 10-1.
IMG_1544.png

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds