Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Our first RSS celebrity joined (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean got pretty rustled when I called him out on the JFQ sponsorship overkill stuff in a PM. I gave him some advice on getting local sponsors but I'm sure he was annoyed. JFQ has to be the most random sponsor of all time though right?
I made a joke about doing a sponsorship and he was in my dms in about 30 seconds.

Screenshot_20200930-142039_Firefox.jpg

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
@Mike Wheeler

Dean has thrown the line of internet tough guy at me. I feel like I am telling the owner of a business, that I pay money to , that his work is substandard for the perception he tries to send to the world. It is funny how he is perceived as a nice guy, but a doofus, by pretty much every segment of his life.

I am sure he hates me, but oh well.

Your complaints are definitely valid but from our end, there just wasn’t much to report every single day. All it was was a regurgitation of whatever the guys said yesterday and so on and so on. If that’s the quality of work you’re talking about, that’s tough to change. Aside from bugging sources for more stories, I’m not sure how they would go about that. There’s only so much information the university’s sources are willing to put out there or that they’re allowed to go public with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Fire up the burner and report back here. That place is ripe right now without much football distraction talk.

When I start my job and have some real money start to come in I’ll fire it up because I think it’s deactivated rn. The name was Roosky97 FWIW and I started it back in like 2017. I need to do a better troll job now that I’m not working there anymore

Husker Priapism

Linebacker
tPB OG
Your complaints are definitely valid but from our end, there just wasn’t much to report every single day. All it was was a regurgitation of whatever the guys said yesterday and so on and so on. If that’s the quality of work you’re talking about, that’s tough to change. Aside from bugging sources for more stories, I’m not sure how they would go about that. There’s only so much information the university’s sources are willing to put out there or that they’re allowed to go public with.

I am more so referring to the fact he uses ‘voice text’ to write his stories and never edits mistakes. Does he even use a keyboard to write anything? Also, I assume Clouse does most of the heavy lifting with sources. Amirite?

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
I am more so referring to the fact he uses ‘voice text’ to write his stories and never edits mistakes. Does he even use a keyboard to write anything? Also, I assume Clouse does most of the heavy lifting with sources. Amirite?

He definitely uses a keyboard I’m not sure if he uses the voice text. And yeah I’d say that’s Clouse’s wheelhouse.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sean hasn’t replied to me in a while. I think it’s because he’s mad at me for not pursuing a career in journalism so idk if he feels my internship was a waste of time or not and I get that. I was just trying to do something fun and that I was good idea.

I doubt he’d reply to something in regards to you though unfortunately lol

What career path did you choose?

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I recently moved down to Dallas and am studying for my Series 7 so financial advising, planning, whatever you want to call it.
Dean wanted you to follow in the footsteps of Eickholt huh? Did he give you the cold shoulder out the door when you went finance instead?

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean when I applied I was three years into a finance degree so it wasn’t like a huge surprise. I for sure wasn’t about to change majors three years in
Then why did you say Dean may be mad at you for not going journalism? Also did he process Rome like it appeared he did?

Not Wheels

Defensive Lineman
Intern
Then why did you say Dean may be mad at you for not going journalism? Also did he process Rome like it appeared he did?
Honestly just my feeling, no basis on it really. Rome wasn’t processed it was honestly a mutual separation as dumb as the sounds. Rome wanted to do something else and he wasn’t involved a whole lot.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
kqinMWN.gif

Welcome Wheels!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds