Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: Curious of the age range of TPB (1 Viewer)

What age group do you fall in?

• >18

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 19-25

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 26-35

Votes: 46 51.1%
  • 36-45

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • 46-55

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • 56-65

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • 65+

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I remember the 95 championship but I was about 6 & just ran around the house , didn’t understand what all the yelling was about. By 97 I remember listening to all the games with dad while working & watching the ship at a friends house with our families. The 1st really solid memories for me are from the 99-00 timeframe
That 99 team should have won it all. Buckhalter’s fumble against Texas was a killer. It was fun watching them whip Tennessee’s ass in the fiesta bowl and bleeding the clock for 10 plus minutes while running the ball every play

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Trumped only by us August born Leo’s. Especially the August, 1958 vintage.

I’ll finish 3rd at best in this thread behind @Elizabeth Reed and @bbenson67.
dirtyoldmenmag.jpg

My dad had this magnet in his pickup when I was a little kid.

Pretty sure I was more confused by it than anything, but never forgot the saying and what it looked like.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG

I had a physical today. My doctor told me now the recommendation is to get a colonoscopy at 45 instead of 50. So yeah, I’m old.

Consider yourself lucky if you have a hot GI doctor doing your colonoscopy, or sexy urologist giving you a vasectomy. 🤘

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
my earliest Husker memory is my Dad crying after the 1997 title

didn’t really understand why but yeah...that’s my first Husker memory

It’s been hard times brother
Mine is my old man punching the fridge after missing the game winning FG vs Flerida State in 1993. I knew then husker football was serious bidness

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
That 99 team should have won it all. Buckhalter’s fumble against Texas was a killer. It was fun watching them whip Tennessee’s ass in the fiesta bowl and bleeding the clock for 10 plus minutes while running the ball every play
I seriously thought we could not lose until 2001 ... I grew up thinking we would win cuz we stepped on the field. Then 2001 Colorado happened 😳 my whole world fell apart

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Consider yourself lucky if you have a hot GI doctor doing your colonoscopy, or sexy urologist giving you a vasectomy. 🤘
Few years ago I had a smokin hot physical therapist in Omaha probably in her upper 40s. She said she needed to massage my pelvic floor for some urinary issue I had at the time (I never admitted to her that the problem started with some chic sitting on my dick wrong one night). The only way was for her to stick her fingers in my ass and massage I’m guessing the “taint” area from the inside just below my nuts? She told me she’d do it with dignity😂 no shit!!
I chickened out but looking back I shoulda just went with it.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I seriously thought we could not lose until 2001 ... I grew up thinking we would win cuz we stepped on the field. Then 2001 Colorado happened 😳 my whole world fell apart
Thats probably true for everyone. Worst case scenario was losing to Oklahoma and/or the bowl game.

pigsonthewing

Cornerback
i was in high school when we were winnin ships in the 90's. so yeah, old.

kind of wish i could go back in time and tell myself, "hey dummy, dont get attached, the next 25 years of NU football are gonna suck rhinoceros cock."

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm 28. My first real memories are Crouch's Heisman season.

I've told this story a couple times, and it kind of lines up with @Mood4NU story above, but I was raised to believe that Nebraska had won football games before the first whistle even blew, by just stepping on the field and having that presence. And, for a time, that was true. So I watched us get absolutely bent over by Miami at my cousin's house 20 years ago. In the car ride home, I remember not being too mad about it because I thought to myself "it's fine, we'll be back next year anyway. We're Nebraska. We play for championships". I still get chills thinking about it because we never went back after that. That was the last natty we played in.

And honestly, even as I get older and for a while, up until Bo started to get throttled in big time games, I still somewhat believed that we were Nebraska and should be winning 9-10 games a year just because. I can't remember when reality set in but it was probably mid-2010s, like 2014-ish. Just kinda hit me one day that no one was scared of Nebraska anymore.

I'd do some questionable things to see a Scott Frost led Nebraska team bring us back to national respect again and stay there for a while. I swear I'll do nothing but soak it all in and appreciate it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds