Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Age question (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I'm 28, very active weightlifter/powerlifter. At what age does the body start giving some older posters issues? Slept on my couch the other night for a few hours after the Neb-Pickle Smoochers game just because I fell asleep on accident and it's super comfy, and my lower back has been locked down tighter than a vice grip ever since I woke up from the couch. Is it an almost 30 thing or just a don't sleep on the couch again thing?

My wife HATES when I fall asleep on the couch cause she knows I'll be there for a while over night.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Really no exact age for this type of stuff. Usually 40-50’s is where your body starts to naturally get weaker.

For the back thing, it’s just because your back slept in an abnormal position. Has nothing really to do with age.

But I’m not a doctor; I just stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Really no exact age for this type of stuff. Usually 40-50’s is where your body starts to naturally get weaker.

For the back thing, it’s just because your back slept in an abnormal position. Has nothing really to do with age.

But I’m not a doctor; I just stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.
That makes sense then. When I woke up my knees were together and crossed my waitlist into the cushions, which was weird, and I for sure do not sleep like that, so that makes sense.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Back stuff I think is an unfair gauge - I've had on and off back stuff since I was like 27. Most of the time I have no issues, and then from time to time I look like an 80 year old for a day. I'm in decent shape, and stay very active with running, lifting, golf, tennis, but am heavily lacking on flexibility. Stay on top of core workouts and spend some time each week working flexibility and you will stay on top of it most of the time.

Extended time on soft/comfy surfaces will bring out the worst in your back though too...firm is best, like many other areas of life.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
That makes sense then. When I woke up my knees were together and crossed my waitlist into the cushions, which was weird, and I for sure do not sleep like that, so that makes sense.
I sleep on the couch naturally a lot. So when I sleep on the bed, my neck and back both get sore.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Back stuff I think is an unfair gauge - I've had on and off back stuff since I was like 27. Most of the time I have no issues, and then from time to time I look like an 80 year old for a day. I'm in decent shape, and stay very active with running, lifting, golf, tennis, but am heavily lacking on flexibility. Stay on top of core workouts and spend some time each week working flexibility and you will stay on top of it most of the time.

Extended time on soft/comfy surfaces will bring out the worst in your back though too...firm is best, like many other areas of life.
Yeah I would say I have pretty minor/constant back/hip paint most days but it's just because of heavy squats/deadlifts. Consensus so far in these answers is don't sleep on the couch for very in weird positions lol

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
45 exercise consists of walking to car between sitting. Have some form of pain constantly. I really need to start working out again.
I know at some point my body won't be able to hack what I do day to day now so I'm trying to ride it out as long as I can.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
i felt great up to the point i had my second kid. now i feel tired and shitty all the time.
I turn 29 in December, daughter is 6 months, almost 7 months. I've found that if I sit still, almost anywhere, for just a few seconds and completely relax, I can be asleep so fast.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Im 26 and the thing i notice is naps. Never used to be a napper now i crave them. Do physical labor aswell

Also sleep on the couch all the time because the GFs spoiled dog takes up half our bed

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Ya'll need to start taking COLLAGEN. 20-30 grams a day. Your joints will feel better and your body will feel better.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Also Pipeline if you are doing the powerlifter deadlift/bench press/back squat thing then your body is going to break down sooner than normal.

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm about to turn 34 and am very active. I'm not bodybuilding but I lift heavy 4-5 times/week. I've had more nagging injuries in the last couple years than ever before in my life. Some of that is beating the shit out of my body when I was younger. Some of it comes with age and as mentioned, my flexibility isn't great which is also a big part of it.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Im 26 and the thing i notice is naps. Never used to be a napper now i crave them. Do physical labor aswell

Also sleep on the couch all the time because the GFs spoiled dog takes up half our bed
Assume your girlfriend is your tPB photo? Asking for everyone

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds