Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official DONU Baseball Off Season Thread (2 Viewers)

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
They should have used some of that money into making a better edit.
Shocked Guinea Pig GIF by MOODMAN

No kidding. This is basically his face

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sad it last year and say it again. If they don’t improve the arm talent and get everything out of it…we are back to this same spot.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Sad it last year and say it again. If they don’t improve the arm talent and get everything out of it…we are back to this same spot.

The lack of situational & clutch hitting dampered the 2023 season more than anything else. The overall inconsistency gets ignored way too often as too many people are blind of the hitting issues.

Maryland is likely a national seed (9-16) with our pitching staff, which means the same for us with their offense. One can't reverse this with the same result.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
The lack of situational & clutch hitting dampered the 2023 season more than anything else. The overall inconsistency gets ignored way too often as too many people are blind of the hitting issues.

Maryland is likely a national seed (9-16) with our pitching staff, which means the same for us with their offense. One can't reverse this with the same result.
Multiple things can be true at once. Pitching, to me, was the greater influence of our downfall this past season.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Multiple things can be true at once. Pitching, to me, was the greater influence of our downfall this past season.

When you talk about making the tournament and us missing, the data doesn’t support the idea that pitching did us in. I think it’s fair to say that I’d like the top of the rotation to be better as in I’d like to see big league talent taking the ball on Fridays and Saturdays.

There were about 5-6 games that cost us a tournament berth. In those games the offense simply didn’t show up.

An interesting exercise would be to eliminate the top 10 opponents and the bottom 10 and see what the team OPS was. My guess is it wouldn’t be as good as we think.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Was he at Northern Colorado with Anderson?

He was at Northern Colorado, before Anderson got the job. The last 2 seasons he's been at Illinois State as their PC.

Interesting move, but figure it has to do with a fresh start as Tarleton State has a new Head Coach. Good for RD though, great guy.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
He was at Northern Colorado, before Anderson got the job. The last 2 seasons he's been at Illinois State as their PC.

Interesting move, but figure it has to do with a fresh start as Tarleton State has a new Head Coach. Good for RD though, great guy.

That's right... I knew it was someone we played this year...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds