Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official don’t buy any bullshit they try selling you, offseason thread***

With the various bad news reports lately, figured it was time to bump this thread again.

Sanders to TN
Teddy out for year
Javin Wright out medically
Rhule not pleased with scrimmage today
Hurricane force winds hit Omaha

Time to prove it on the field and in the W-L column
To be fair, Rhule not being happy with today's scrimmage is a good thing IMO. He strikes me as the kind of coach that doesn't want the team getting complacent. So he will be hardest on them when things look good, while trying to encourage them and talk them up when they are down. So him being pleased was music to my ears today.

I was talking to my dad the other day. He was saying how he is dreading the return of football. The skers make him so angry. If there is anyone more negative than me about Husker football it is him.

He is definitely my father. I can feel the pulmonary hypertension building up every day the closer it gets. Why would I feel this way about fucking Utep? This can’t be a healthy mindset at all.

I was talking to my dad the other day. He was saying how he is dreading the return of football. The skers make him so angry. If there is anyone more negative than me about Husker football it is him.

He is definitely my father. I can feel the pulmonary hypertension building up every day the closer it gets. Why would I feel this way about fucking Utep? This can’t be a healthy mindset at all.
Perhaps a genetic rectal obstruction?

Team is not going to be good. Not sure why so many allow themselves to be duped year after year. It's over. It's never coming back. We are in hell with no chance of redemption.

#GBR
sad friedrich nietzche GIF

Maybe not eventually, but you have people casually predicting 9 wins without any hint of irony. It's insane.
You legitimately think this team is going to be bad???

If 9 wins is insane to think, what is your prediction? Are you at 6-6?

Can't visualize the season being anything better than 7 wins. Best case is 8 but you know they'll shit their pants at least once.

- The program has had shellshock from the moment Wisconsin was given a gift PI in OT in 2016.
- An injury prone Turner Corcoran is your only available LT on the roster.
- True freshman QB they'll allow to throw 25 picks.
- Colt McCoy making his broadcasting debut against Colorado.

On the bright side, anything beyond 8 wins will just generate a ton of anxiety around Rhule and any potential opening where you can win a title.

You legitimately think this team is going to be bad???

If 9 wins is insane to think, what is your prediction? Are you at 6-6?
Maybe the team does win 9 games. Raiola lives up in some degree to the hype; the OL avoids injuries and is able to continue its positive trajectory; the defense doesn't take any steps backwards; that sort of thing. It could happen, and a lot of folks want to look on the bright side in the off-season. I get it.

That being said, I sure as hell am not going to come close to expecting it. I've had 25 years of almost every season being a disappointment relative to expectations. Even most of the seasons that now, in hindsight, we'd be thrilled with were failures in the moment. I've also seen people talk themselves into all kinds of ecstasy preceding the 2019 season, the 2017 season, and so on.

It could all be different this year. But it probably won't be.

Maybe the team does win 9 games. Raiola lives up in some degree to the hype; the OL avoids injuries and is able to continue its positive trajectory; the defense doesn't take any steps backwards; that sort of thing. It could happen, and a lot of folks want to look on the bright side in the off-season. I get it.

That being said, I sure as hell am not going to come close to expecting it. I've had 25 years of almost every season being a disappointment relative to expectations. Even most of the seasons that now, in hindsight, we'd be thrilled with were failures in the moment. I've also seen people talk themselves into all kinds of ecstasy preceding the 2019 season, the 2017 season, and so on.

It could all be different this year. But it probably won't be.
I'm going to need you to dial it back on the optimism Johannes.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back